Chapter 9

When I woke up the next morning, I had almost forgotten about yesterday's horrible events. But everything quickly came rushing back to me and I instantly felt awful.

I had a ton of texts from my friends and a few twitter notifications but one text in particular caught my eye. It was from Shawn.

Shawn: hey I'm coming to NJ a bit earlier than the other boys and I want to surprise Alexa.. Do you think you could help me out? Thank you :)

If Shawn was coming early that meant I could tell him before Jack. I kind of needed as much support as I could get and Shawn would definitely be there for me.

I decided to call him. I smiled as he answered on the second ring.

"Hey Sam!" He greeted enthusiastically.

"Hey Shawn," I greeted slightly less enthusiastically.

"Are you okay?" He asked, concerned.

"Um, I don't know yet," I answered honestly. There was no point in lying. "When are you going to be in Jersey?"

"About two hours," he informed me. I was grateful that he would be here soon. I needed an excuse to escape from my awful home.

Shawn and I made plans to meet for lunch at the mall and we would both go over to Alexa's house to surprise her later.

I got ready pretty quickly and I hid from my parents in my room. I couldn't deal with them right now.

I escaped from my house 20 minutes before I was meeting Shawn. Somehow, I avoided both of my parents on the walk from my room to my car.

To my surprise, Shawn was already waiting outside the mall when I arrived. He smiled as soon as he saw me and I hugged him tightly the second I reached him.

"I missed you so much," he told me when we broke apart.

"I missed you too," I told him with a smile.

"I have some exciting news," he revealed excitedly.

"I have news too but I haven't decided yet if it's good or bad," I admitted.

He chuckled. "Well, we can figure it out over lunch."

----------------------------------------------

"Wait, you're what?!"

Shawn was beside himself when I told him I was pregnant. And I felt terrible. After all, he had kind of warned me to be careful and truthfully, I wasn't.

"Sam I feel awful," he told me, concern evident on his face.

I shook my head forcefully. "Shawn it's not your fault. It's my responsibility."

Now Shawn shook his head. "No, it's not. Only partially. It's Jack's responsibility too."

I smiled a bit to myself thinking about what Alexa told me yesterday and how it was basically what Shawn was saying.

"So anyway, enough about my problems. You said you had some news too?" I asked hopefully, eager to change the subject.

Shawn couldn't hide his smile. "Well, I got a call from a famous singer's manager yesterday and they're offering me a spot as an opening act on their upcoming tour this summer," Shawn exclaimed.

"Shawn that's amazing!" I gushed. I was really proud of him and after all his hard work, he really deserved this. "Who's the singer?"

Shawn smiled slyly at me. "I can't say."

"Shawnnnn," I pleaded. I really wanted to know.

"You'll know soon enough," he promised me.

We hung out at the mall for a little while longer. Shawn decided he wanted to go on his own to see Alexa and I was totally fine with that. They haven't seen each other in a while and I was tired anyway. We hugged in the parking lot before going our separate ways. Leah texted us in a group chat just as I was about to pull out of the parking spot.