Chapter 6

Leah and I made plans the next day to meet Cameron and Jack for lunch. We wanted to take the boys to the Cheesecake Factory, our favorite restaurant of all time. I probably changed my outfit about a hundred times before I finally decided on a red strapless sundress with black sandals.

My phone buzzed and I smiled instantly at the screen.

Jack: can't wait to see you today😘

I typed back a flirty reply before finishing up on my makeup. I loved the kind of boyfriend Jack was and it makes me smile thinking about how perfect my life is right now.

The doorbell rang and I let my mom get it since it was probably just Leah. Sure enough, Leah entered my room a few moments later.

"Heyyy," she greeted me. I smiled and pulled her in for a hug.

"Wow Sam, I don't think you've ever showed that much affection towards me. Jack has really changed you," she joked.

I laughed as I let go of her. "Shut up," I said with a smile.

"You really like him, don't you?" Leah inquired. "Like really."

I flashed her a small smile and nodded.

"He's amazing," I admitted.

"I love seeing you this happy over a guy," Leah told me, with a smile.

"And I love seeing you with Cameron Dallas," I joked.

"So much same," she laughed.

----------------------------------------------------

Leah and I arrived first at the restaurant and we decided to just sit outside on the bench and enjoy the nice spring day.

We talked for a few minutes before I felt a hand on my shoulder. At first I thought it was Jack but when I turned my head, Connor, Terrell and Spoon were standing there.

"What are you guys doing here?" Connor asked as he sat down next to me. I flinched when he put his arm around me and he gave me a weird look.

"What did I do? I thought we made up," Connor protested.

"We did," I assured him, shrugging his arm off. "But I think we should take a little break from the relationshipy stuff."

Connor gave me a confused look. "Wait, why?"

I shrugged, not really sure if I wanted to just come right out and say it. But I didn't have much time to think because Leah beat me too it.

"She has a boyfriend."

Connor didn't seem angry, just disappointed.

"Oh," was all he could say.

"I hope you're okay with this, I mean, we were never official anyway," I explained quickly, feeling guilty.

He nodded his head. "Yeah, it's whatever."

"Hey babe."

I looked up and immediately smiled at Jack. He looked so handsome. I stood up and pulled him in for a tight embrace. Leah greeted Cameron with a sweet kiss. "You look gorgeous, as always," he told me when we broke apart.

"Jack, nice to see you again," Connor spat. "It's nice to know that you've officially taken my girlfriend from me."

"Connor stop it," Leah scolded.

Jack clenched his jaw and it was obvious he was trying to refrain from snapping back. "It's nice to see you again too," he greeted sarcastically.

"We should go inside," I suggested, wanting nothing more than to get out of this situation. The others nodded in agreement.