Chapter 10

I did not feel like facing my parents at all and I was sure they wouldn't care if I came home or not. So I asked Jack J to drop me off at Leah's house. I felt bad about interrupting her and Cameron but I really needed her right now.

Her mom answered the door a moment after I knocked.

"Hi honey," she greeted me with a smile.

I smiled politely at her. "Hello Michele." We were on a first name basis. "Is Leah here?"

She nodded and pointed towards the living room. I thanked her as I walked in.

When I entered the living room, Leah and Cam were aggressively making out on the couch.

I sat down right next to them. No fucks given.

"What are you doing here?" Leah asked me as she pulled away. She seemed concerned and annoyed at the same time.

"Not much," I replied casually.

She gave me a weird look. "Sam, what happened?"

I simply shrugged. I didn't feel like talking about it anymore. All I've wanted to do for the past 2 hours was sleep.

Cameron looked at Leah sympathetically. "Do you want me to leave you two alone?"

"No it's fine," I assured him. I felt bad intruding on them; I certainly wasn't going to make Cam leave.

"Can you please just tell us what's wrong?" Leah pleaded.

"Jack and I got in a fight," I confessed after a moment.

Leah reached over to give me a hug. "I'm sorry," she apologized. "Was it about...?" She trailed off, not knowing if it was okay to say something in front of Cameron.

I nodded. "Yeah, he was being an asshole about it so I started screaming and he called me a psycho bitch and then I left." I wasn't crying or getting emotional. I was too tired to even care.

"He called you a psycho bitch?" She exclaimed, clearly enraged.

I nodded. "And he tried to say that it wasn't his fault," I added.

I could easily see that Leah was beyond pissed. And really, so was I.

"If you guys don't mind," Cameron interjected. "Can you tell me what you're talking about?"

Leah looked at me for confirmation and I nodded. "She's pregnant," she informed him.

Cameron stared at me with wide eyes. "Is it Jack's?"

I nodded in confirmation. Why was everyone asking that?

"Oh my shit," Cameron muttered.

"WHY IS THAT EVERYONES REACTION?" I shouted, probably too aggressively.

Cameron was taken aback. "I'm sorry," he apologized quickly.

I shook my head fervently. "No I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you I'm just... frustrated and tired and angry and upset and I have no idea what to do." I could feel the tears coming once again. I hated this so much.

"Well for tonight just stay here and get some rest. We'll figure everything else out in the morning, okay?" Leah suggested.

I flashed her a small smile. "Okay."

Cameron left a little while later and I helped Leah set up an air mattress in her room so I could sleep. Usually me and Leah stay up late and talk when we have sleepovers but I was too tired to function and I fell asleep seconds after I laid down.

If only everything could be better in the morning.

----------------------------------------

My first instinct in the morning was to check for a good morning text from Jack. It was just what I expected. And when there was none at 10 o'clock in the morning, my heart shattered.