Savior

"She remembered" I screamed at my father. "She remembered! Haha!"

"What's so funny?" Asked America's mom.

"It just that now I can use all the things she called me against her." I said smiling, but then looking at her mom, "I mean, comforting her."

"Right choice of words."

"Where is she?"

"Not sure, somewhere where the rebels are? Southern side, but don't worry,  I've sent guards to all the sides. Making sure we locate her and Ahren."

"Will they umm- nevermind." She said.

"Will they what?"

"What will they do with her? What will they do with Ahren?" She cried.

"Nothing. Because my guards are fearless. They will find her, and will bring her back."

"Alright. I must check in May, she's been crying since the moment America forgot about her. She can't sleep at all. I'll tell her some good news, and some bad."

"Hey. Can I come with."

"Please. Explaining something to May takes time."

------------------------------------------------------

"May, Honey?" I asked.

"Is America back yet? I need her right now!" 

"What is it? Are you hurt."

"Very."

"Well, America remembered everything. She's with the rebels though. She was walking through the gardens and a rebel took her. She is fine as of right now. But that was hours ago."

"Okay. I don't want to talk to America's back."

"I understand, but please, explain why America is so important to you."

"We're family."

"Please, I've never had a sibling. I want to know more about her, and about your relationship with her."

"Alright. Fine. You owe me."

"Owe you what?"

"The recipe to the arts."

"Ah, ah, ah...Those are a family recipe."

"Am I not family?"

"Okay, fine. I'll have them delivered to you as soon as you tell me."

"Fine. With Kenna gone, Kota never around and Gerad being the baby, America would be the one I would cling to. She never declined, she never pushed me out of her room, it's just...As she got older, we became closer in a different way. I grew, and she grew. We lost interest in playing dress up, but then the Selection came up, and that's when we really could bond."

"Ahhhh," I said trying to understand. But just trying to sound polite at this point.

"You don't get it, do you?"

"Nope." 

"Sibling love. You hate them, but you love them"

"Sooo, My relationship with America is a "Sibling love?"

"NO. Never say that again! Just no..."

"What?" I was so confused.

"Never say that again, you two are a fairy tale, not Sibling love. Ewwwwww,"

"Alright, never again." 

"I'll try and see if I can get any news from America."

"Tell me everything then. And don't forget that recipe..."

"I won't"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"AHHHHHH!" I screamed, throwing the papers everywhere, scattering them from the doorway to the fireplace.

I was so mad. Mad at everyone. It only took me a few seconds to see for myself how selfish I was.

I kicked the chair, not caring where it landed. I searched for more things to kick, to yell that, to blame inanimate objects for my doing.

"It's not your fault Maxon.... I know right now you're blaming yourself."

"Mother! It is my fault! It's my fault America God knows where Ahren is a newborn, barely a day old, and Eadlyn is with Marlee. I couldn't stand her not liking me. I pushed her too hard, she hated me, she wanted to leave me, and then she was just gone."

"See... I told you... You're blaming yourself."

"Mother, who's to blame then?"

"No one. Everything happens for a reason?"

"If so, I'd like to know why my life was turned upside down."

"Go find her. Bring her home. You haven't introduced me to Ahren yet. I just took a trip to Marlee's room to see Eadlyn." 

"How was she?" 

"Amazing and adorable." She smiled.

"Yea.."

"Bring her home already!"

"Yes Ma'am!" I said saluting to her and laughing. It has been a while since I had moments like this with my mom.

"Officer. I'm coming with you. I said firmly, locating myself on the seat of the truck."

"I'm sorry Your Majesty, The king presumed that you would do something like this, he made me deny your offer."

"I am the future king of this country, I overrank him right now. I have two heirs eagle for the throne, the public knows that now. Let me on the truck and I will make sure you are rewarded."

"Your Maj-"

"Not another word! Let's go. America is going to be found today"

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Come..." The officer gestured over to a dark alleyway. 

I dare not speak, for this place was filled with rebels. They may not be violent, but they were there.

"This way...He said pointing to a dark alley. There was a baby cry, a shushing and a "Give him to me! He's hungry."

That was the voice. The voice I was dreaming to hear all this time.