Chapter 16: Rule #2: Always Listen To The Director

Flower spends a little time checking my bruises as we all hold light conversation. After she finished, we all file from the room to head to a place where everyone could sit. Dylan holds my hand the whole way as I waddle behind the group. Boone holds open a door for everyone and we enter a lounge area complete with large couches and a television. Sheridan and Vanessa claim one of the love seats, while Dylan pulls me to another. Alex, Flower, and Levi get the couch and Boone takes the chair.

"Can you tell us what happened in there?" Alex asks gently, and I nod, swallowing heavily. Dylan wraps an arm around me, pulling me closer as I begin with the kidnapping. I am able to hold on to my emotions throughout the entire story, choking back the tears that threatened to fall when I came to the part about my feet.

Dylan rubs my arm lightly at the end of the story, but his jaw is clenched and anger is in his eyes. Everyone is stunned by what happened, so silence falls over the group when I finish.

"How. Dare. He." Flower snaps, jumping up from the couch, fists at her sides. "How dare he do this to you!" I was shocked it was her who snapped, but as soon as she started, the entire group got mad, other than Dylan who remained silent. My friends were huffing and yelling, but even though they were loud, it was nice to know they cared about me.

"We are so sorry we didn't find you," Vanessa says to me after everyone quieted down. "I guess we should tell you our side of the story."

Alex begins, "We didn't know that you were kidnapped until the Director burst into the cafeteria with duct tape hanging from her mouth and rope burns around her wrists. She declared that we have been infiltrated by the Three Princes and asked what they had taken. Dylan spoke up and said they took you, starting a womanhunt for you."

"We got all agents out around the grounds, looking for footprints and tire treads." Sheridan continued, "We found the tunnel they had taken you through, which the Director had said she was the only one who knew of the tunnels. But, as you said, these three were former Ace agents. They obviously had found it before they left," his face set grimly.

"Once we lost you on the road, it was time to begin checking security cameras." Levi spoke up, "Alex and I spent many hours looking at CCTV cameras. Just as I was dozing off one afternoon, your face popped up in Havensburg. We watched, terrified, as Luca pointed that gun at you," he hung his head. "But we lost you when you drove from town. All we could do is hope you were alright."

Boone then starts talking, "I was manning the phones waiting for a call about you. The Director had sent out a picture of you to police agencies, so we were hoping to get a lead. That's when Junior called. He said your name and an address before hanging up."

"He listened to what I said, then," I smile, glad for his help.

Boone continued, "I then contacted Dylan, who rounded up everyone necessary to take on the mansion."

Dylan then begins to speak, "I knew we needed to get to you quickly. As you saw, we had almost every agent there with plenty of ammunition in case of the worst-case scenario. I'm only sorry we didn't catch those bastards."

"It's okay, I'm sure we'll see them again," I answer.

"And when they do show their faces," Vanessa said, "We will take down the Three Princes, once and for all."

------------------------

Day turns into night, so we all head to the cafeteria to get some dinner. Once we get down there, I see that Junior has already began to eat some macaroni and cheese. He jumps up when he sees me and runs over, pulling my hand to drag me to his table. I chuckle at his actions as he pats the seat next to him for me to sit.

"I'll get you something to eat," Dylan whispers to me before leaving me to join the rest of our friends in line.

"Oh my gosh, Isa!" Junior begins, a big smile on his face. "This is literally the best place ever! I got my own bedroom in Mrs. Lancaster's home and she helped take care of me today. She's the nicest person ever!"

I chuckle at his enthusiasm, "She is pretty great." At this time, my friends have returned and push another table against the one I'm sitting at. Dylan produces a bowl of macaroni and cheese with a sliced apple, and I grin at his choice of food. "Thanks, Dylan."

"Is he your boyfriend?" Junior whispers loudly and everyone at the table smirks, including Dylan, except me who is blushing heavily.

"No, Junior, he's just a friend," I say, trying to get my heated face to cool down.

"I think he likes you then," Junior says with a final tone, before returning his attention to his food.

I quirk an eyebrow at Dylan, "Hmmm, you like me?" It was Dylan's turn to stutter and everyone at the table laughs at his reaction.

"Hmmm, do you like me?" Dylan returns my question, a teasing smile on his lips. I just shove the mac and cheese in my mouth so I don't have to answer. We all eat our dinner, our jokes and laughter filling the almost-empty cafeteria.

"Junior, time for bed," I hear the Director's voice behind me and Junior groans.

"Yes, Mrs. Lancaster," he says before standing.

"Rule number two, always listen to the Director," Dylan nods at Junior, and they smile at each other.

"I wish to speak with you tomorrow, Isa," the Director says softly. I turn to look her in the eyes so I can nod, surprised she didn't use my title. She smiles lightly at me, before taking Junior's hand and leading him away.

"I think we all need some sleep," Boone says as we all collect our dishes. We all head upstairs to our rooms, and everyone goes in except Dylan and I

"Will you be alright?" Dylan asks, cupping my face. I close my eyes and sigh, nodding. He presses his lips into my forehead, and I relish the feeling, before he pulls away. "I'll see you in the morning, okay?"

"Okay," I whisper as he steps away to enter his own room. I linger in the hallway for a moment, before entering my room to see the three girls sitting on the couch, acting weird. "What are you guys doing?"

"Nothing," they all say too hurriedly, so I squint my eyes at them.

Flower is the one that breaks first, "Oh my gosh, you and Dylan are so adorable!"

"Now I have to deal with two lovey-dovey couples," Alex rolls her eyes, but a big smile is on her face.

"Woah, woah," I say, "calm down. We aren't together."

"Not yet," Vanessa wiggles her eyebrows and the three of them giggle.

I sigh, exasperated, "I'm going bed!"

"To dream about Dylan, I'm sure!" Vanessa calls out behind me, and I close the door, blocking their giggles from my ears. Now that I'm alone, the light mood fades, and I'm left feeling slightly scared. Seeing the Director made me remember how I was kidnapped and my brain took it from there. I change into my own pajamas, before crawling into the bed. I stare at the ceiling, lying on my back as I try to fall asleep. After an hour, I decide a bath might relieve some of the tension, so I get up and strip. Walking on my feet isn't as bad, and for the second time, I'm glad the bandages are waterproof. I turn the water to hot, add some body wash and watch the bubbles begin to form. I shiver in my naked state, climbing into the tub, instantly warming me.

I must've fallen asleep, because I slipped further into the water and woke up when I swallow a big gulp of water. At first, I panic, but realize how close the surface is. I push myself into a sitting position, taking big breaths of air, trying to calm my frantically beating heart. The water is cold, causing me to shiver. I quickly step from the tub, begin draining it, and start the shower to warm myself back up. After a couple minutes in the shower, I step out, wrapping myself in a towel and enter my room. Sitting on my bed is a single lily and I tense, looking anxiously around my room. Determining no one was it in, I approached the flower to see a note underneath.

You will not be safe here, kitten. I will always know where you are.