6

jughead's eyes opened, seeing his girlfriend sound asleep and softly snoring. stepping out of his bed, and walking out to the nearest bathroom. locking the door, he quickly got out his phone to text veronica. "you got it?" he texted, resting his back on the door. "all set!" veronica texted back, knocking the door of jughead and archie's apartment. jughead unlocked the bathroom  door, running to his front steps. opening the door quietly to avoid betty waking up, he got the small cardboard box and set it down on jughead's bed. opening up the box, he found the puppy from yesterday, optimistic and excited to meet his new owners, he first licked jughead's face, carrying on to attack betty."jughead what the hell," she slurred, unaware the puppy was next to her. her eyes opened, seeing the small maltese puppy greet her. "oh my god," she would cry out, covering her mouth in shock. he smiled, looking at her in joy as she made faces at her new dog. "oh my god jughead jones i'm so in love with you right now!" she expressed as she fell in love with her puppy. he stepped into bed with her, petting the dog's soft fur. she kissed her boyfriend's cheek and stepped out of bed. "i'm gonna go take a shower," she told jughead, stepping into her boyfriend's ensuite bathroom. she closed the door, turning on the shower as jughead would play with the new dog.

she softly sang in the shower, hoping and praying that jughead wouldn't hear her, but who couldn't hear her beautiful singing. the water turned off, her voice trailing throughout the bathroom as she finished the last word. covering herself with a bath towel, she brushed her hair in the mirror. jughead knocked on the door, silently waiting for betty to answer. "come in," she called out, removing the brush from her soaking, blonde waves. he smiled, walking over to place his hands on his waste, placing his slightly chap lips on her cheek. they smiled at each other, silently talking through their eyes in the mirror's reflection. her eyes were so blue that he could drown in them, falling in love with her every time they caught each other's glances. despite feeling like forever, jughead let go of his hands and whispered in her ear, "i guess its my turn to take off my clothes and enter the waters," making her laugh uncontrollably. she left the room, getting dressed with a pair of clothes she always leaves at his house. putting on her shoes, a strawberry red-haired girl walked in the room, her lips a bright red, and her skin as pale as snow. "hello betty," she first said, crossing her arms, looking down at the blonde beauty. betty let out a soft smile, as she secretly knew that trouble was coming. "cheryl," she muttered, rolling her eyes at her. "what do you want?" betty then would ask, standing up and looking directly into cheryl's eyes. she bit her bright red lip, leaving a small mark. "uh, nothing, never mind," she said, quickly leaving jughead's room. betty scoffed, annoyed by cheryl, she sat herself on jughead's bed to calm herself. her breath shaky from looking at cheryl after their last interaction a few years ago, when she was denied a place on the cheerleading squad due to her weight which affected her mental state. jughead, on the other hand, was finishing off his shower, thinking over business plans for his company. he dried himself off first, wrapping his bath towel around his waste, and brushing his teeth. spitting out the watered down tooth paste, jughead would then leave the bathroom to pick his suite from his dresser. betty softly placed her lips on his cheek once again, thanking him for the puppy. "me and our little puppy will go to the car, so you better hurry up," jughead smiled, reminding his girlfriend of her beauty. "love you too juggy," she winked, leaving his bedroom.

they arrived at the office, filled with the smell of freshly brewed coffee. they kissed goodbye, their hands breaking off from one another. as jughead left to go to his office to interview a few people, and betty went off to her small private space to go work, typing up stories for their new catalog. his hand rummaging through the dark hair, a girl walked into his office. her hair a bright pink, and her skin and warm brown. "toni topaz?" jughead asked, assuming that she was the girl he would be interviewing. "thats me," she chuckled, sitting down in one of the chairs in front of jughead's desk. as he asked a few questions, toni admired his looks, his sapphire-colored eyes, and his rosy pink he smirked. "toni," he said, trying to keep his attention back at the interview. "ugh, i just love it when he call out my name," she purred, attempting to seduce him. her hands placed on the desk, her lips getting closer towards his, she closed her eyes. his eyes, first looking at her lips, then at her eyes. their breaths getting shaky, he pushed her back into her chair. "i'll email you if you got the job," jughead stated, avoiding eye contact. she smirked, leaving the room, quietly. walking past betty's office space, whispering in her ear, "you better watch out, pretty girl." betty's heart pounding, her eyes hesitantly watching over toni with her nails digging into her scars. standing up, walking over to the pink-haired witch, turning her over to look directly into betty's eyes, her hand swiped across toni's face, leaving a red handprint on her cheek. "you better watch," betty threatened, walking back to her seat. adjusting her ponytail, making it tighter than before, she wiped the small wounds that were covered in blood, and returned back to work, ignoring the last event. somehow she couldn't possibly get toni out of her mind, her mind wondering what had happened while she was in jughead's office.

later that day, about eight o'clock pm, betty walked into jughead's office, his head resting on his own desk, and his eyes closed shut. smiling, she pressed her lips against his cheek, waking up the sleeping beast. "what a nice way to wake up," he joked, bringing himself to kiss betty. "ready juggy?" she asked, hoping he would come home with her. nodding softly, he stacked his unorganized papers into a mismatched pile, taking betty's hand to walk home. with their hands perfectly intertwined, they entered into jughead's car. driving through the city lights, the car was filled with a silence like no other, the area filled with lust and tension. "so, what happened between you and toni in your office?" betty blurted, her eyes looking towards the window to avoid jughead's gaze. he bit his lip, carefully deciding what to reply to his girlfriend. "do you want the ugly truth or a fairy tale story?" he joked, trying to help the situation. she squinted her eyes at him, chuckling softly. "jughead you know my answer," she tried to stall, trying to avoid knowing the truth. "really? because betty i'm clueless" he continued, approaching his condo's garage. "jughead.." she jokingly glared as jughead parked the car. "betty.." he mocked, the two now exiting the car. as jughead walked toward's his front door, betty stood alone, knowing if she entered in the condo she would know the answer to her question. "juggy can you come here for a second?" she asked, her voice breaking slightly. he turned back at her, looking where another scar had formed. walking over in front of her, looking at all her beauty, cupping her face, touching her bare skin, he placed his lips on hers. their minds clearing, her scar being healed, they broke their kiss. "you mean the world to me, betty cooper." he whispered in her ear, taking her hand to follow him into his bedroom. laughing, they laid together in his bed, exposed, and in love. "tell me the hard ugly truth," she told him, finally ready for his answer. turning their bodies to face each other, his lips telling the truth, and her hands shaking in fear, he kissed her once more, healing her again and again, his arms wrapped around her, protecting her from all the darkness she would soon discover in the future.