Chapter Four

CHAPTER FOUR YAY!

AS ALWAYS...

NOT EDITED

I waved to Carol as we headed our separate ways. Hopefully I will see her soon. I headed down the crumbling road, kicking debris as I moved. I looked at the city around me, the buildings were all dark with a faint glow from the single window. I could faintly see the sun setting, but just as quickly as the clouds of smoke had left it was replaced. The sky became even darker, completely covering the sun with pollution. The smoke was probably coming from the government buildings to hide the colorful sky. How would the sky even affect us? Would all the citizens have a huge uprising because they could see the real sky? No, obviously not it's just a color, only a color.

Watching Carol work today makes me want to lock myself in my room forever, but I need to find Brandon. He's probably at his house, he rarely leaves. His house is a couple streets past mine. I take a sharp right on one of the nicer roads outside of town. His house is the third one down the road. I need to talk to him, apologize. I know he doesn't like me as much as he used to because of Brianna, but I haven't talked to him very much. I look around myself. I'm already at his dried up, brown front yard. How long have I been standing here thinking? I must have been standing here long enough for someone to notice because the front door swings open.

Brandon has blonde hair that looks like sand and it is cut extremely short. It's part of the Dress Code obviously. If it were up to him, his hair would be shaggy and hang right above his eyes. His face shows a striking resemblance to Brianna, a long, narrow nose, wide hazel eyes, and eternally red cheeks. He steps on his front porch and quietly shuts the door behind him. Here we go.

"What are you doing here?" he asks walking closer to me.

"I haven't heard from you in a few days," I say, my answer coming out quiet and strained.

"Oh, well Dakota said-"

"I don't give a damn about what Dakota has to say. We were supposed to talk about the KR Program yesterday together."

"I know and I couldn't make it."

"Look I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry."

"Thanks, but that doesn't make up for..."

"I understand. I didn't mean for your sister to come up the other day, but I not the one who brought it up."

"Why do you always do that!"

"What? What do I always do tell me Brandon!"

"You always try to take the blame off yourself, it's getting annoying."

"At least I have a backbone! You follow Dakota around submitting to her every order."

This was getting tense. I came to apologize and look what happens. It blows up in my face. I think this actually made this worse, whatever. I need to confront situations like these anyway.

"I don't," Brandon whispers, retreating toward his porch.

"Oh please, don't lie to me and even more important don't lie to yourself."

Brandon's gaze shifted towards the front door then back at his black shoes.

"Look," I started. "I came here to apologize about what happened. I didn't come here to argue and make each other feel worse about ourselves. I just want you to know that I am sorry, for everything."

_____________________

Pretty short but I wanted to end it there. WOOP another chapter done.