Chapter Five

Here's chapter five....... and guess what it's...

NOT EDITED

I'll get around to it later.

OK LETS START

NOT EDITED NOT EDITED NOT EDITED NOT EDITED NOT EDITED

___________________________________________________________

I haven't done anything since I went to see Brandon about a week ago. The days are going as fast as the grass grows, and here grass doesn't grow. It's dead. I can't do anything either. I can't work until a job is assigned to me and I can't go to school yet to get my job and training. I could do things with friends, if I was on good terms with my friends. We have a television and a radio, but the only thing that plays are rules about dress code, behavior, rations, basically everything. You can watch skits about the proper way to behave around any officer, but all the actors are monotone and come on who wants to watch that. The government probably doesn't want us to do anything at all, most likely they want as all sitting down and staring at a wall. A boring, beige wall,

I actually have one thing I could waste my doing. I only do this when I am extremely spiritless and watching the gray sky shift just will not cut it anymore. I peel back the corner of my fraying carpet and underneath is a clean gray concrete. I know it's gray, shocker! Sarcasm aside, well I'm not aloud to use it in the first place, but the concrete is a perfect surface for drawing. I have little doodles and intricate works, with a collection of details and patterns. I have the universe under my worthless carpet. Drawings of people, imaginary places, words, animals, clothes, everything. I would, with out a doubt be killed for the radical drawings. No, for the drawings alone.

I could go to the rations for my family, I've never done that before and it is my family's food day, that's what we call it on the ration chart anyway. I really ant to see Carol again, so if it doesn't work out she'll be there.

I grab my card for the rations before heading out the door, slamming it behind me. I could go straight into town, but that means passing Brandon's house. Oh my god it sound like we broke up or something, what the hell. I'm just going to take the longer way to waste more time. In a few more weeks I will be admitted into the KR Program, get a job, and spend my hours working until I die. After that I won't have to find a way to waste time. What a perfect plan.

The walk is shorter than planned, because I am already in the center of town. The building housing the ration is right in front of me, and there is a bulky man in officer equipment. Wait, what? There was no threatening patrol men in front of the station last time. I observe the single file line at the door, handing the officer their ration cards to him. He swipes them and then lets the man or woman in expressionlessly. I get in line waiting impatiently, as expected. The people disappear ahead of me. The officer sticks his gloved hand in my face, where I drop the card in to his palm.

I am shoved aside and my card is tossed past me.

"Hey! I need my food!" I clamor, the guards back now facing away from me.

He whips around towards me, getting right up into my face.

"Extra ration are strictly against the law, ma'am," He repeats in the same tone the other officer used while talking to Carol.

"I'm not getting any extras I haven't even been here this week." The women behind me start complaining about who knows what, they probably want their small portion of food and necessities.

"Well, obviously you did."

"How could you possibly know?" I mock.

"Your card was being declined," with that the officer moves back to the door, holding his hand out for the next "customer."

Maybe my parents already came today. I must not have been paying enough attention to my surroundings when I was at home, I didn't even notice a bin. Loud snickering comes from behind me, snapping me back to my cruddy, life. Are they laughing at me? What idiot would laugh that theatrically in the middle of the city, seriously? When I turn around to to who it is I am not surprised at all . I should have even expected this, especially from her. Dakota is drawing more and more attention the the situation that just passed with her snickers. She finally looks up at me, smirking. I send her a look that could kill, and sometimes I wish it would.

"God Jackie, I know you like attention, but do you really have to make all these public outbursts just to get it?" she asks, presumptuously. When did she become such a bitch?

"Wow Dakota sorry my parents don't tell me everything they do. actually I don't even see my parents."

"That's touching, Jackie. Now, stop infecting everyone's brains with your dumb ideas."

I quickly grab her arm with a grip of iron and haul here around the corner, out of the public eye.

"Shut up! Seriously, what is this about Dakota?"

"I'm just standing up for what I believe in, that is what you're doing right?"

"Yeah but, wait a minute don't turn this on me! You can't tell Brandon he can't talk to me. I am his friend too."

"I don't just want him going all rebel on us and then being killed, because you convinced him everything about our society should be changed."

"Well, now he has turned out as if he's your little puppy dog!"

"That is not my fault"

"Look, we leave for the KR program at the end of July and if this is the last time I get to see you I want it to be fun. I am dying of boredom, at least talking to you and Brandon will get my mind off things. I can also try not to bring up my views on the government, if you don't bring up yours. I will try not to bring up Brianna if you don't talk about her either, but if Brandon wants to talk about her let him."

"Okay, that sounds nice. I am actually freaking out about this program thing."

"How about we go see Brandon and talk about, okay Dakota?"

"That'd be great."

___________________________________________________________

BAMMM done! I'll try to upload again this coming week.

Yay! Bye

Please Like Comment Follow