Chapter Five: Baby Young

When mom was pregnant with the baby it was very soothing and calm. Usually mom was always gone and working at the hospital, and she rarely had days off, so when she announced her pregnancy, she started an immediate maternity leave. Ryan still worked out of his home office so it didn't affect their relationship. Mom didn't have an elaborate gender reveal or baby shower like she had for us. It was more subtle and quiet. Ryan was so excited to have this baby with mom, he tried to do as much as he could to help her out. They both wanted their baby's gender to be a surprise because simply, life was full of surprises.

When the day came and mom was giving birth to my new sibling, it turned out to be a little boy. He was precious. He didn't have a name for at least three weeks. Which was unusual because you usually need to have it picked and ready to go. Ryan was such a loving father, I almost wish he was my biologic dad, but hey, he was for most of my life. Mom and Ryan eventually named my baby brother Kyson Elijah Young. I loved him.

The meaning of his name was nothing, but the reason they picked it was because my biological fathers name was Kyle, and mom's maiden name was Sinison, so together they made 'Kyson'. Elijah was his middle name, and I guess Mom picked that name because there was a guy she knew when she was a young teen who was named Elijah, and she just simply loved the name too much to not use it.

"Ry, look how sweet he is," Mom smiled, rocking back and forth in her rocking chair that we especially bought for the new baby.

Ryan loved that he had a boy. His first child, a boy. Finally all those dinky cars in the garage will come in handy and they won't just sit there collecting dust. I mean I occasionally went out there and looked at them. I had it so good. Being in your twenties and living with your parents couldn't be better than this. I loved my parents, and I loved my new baby brother, and I love how I got to this point. I did have a rough childhood, but it's okay, I turned out normal.