In its essence

She had my attention.

She wanted letters after her name that did not spell my last.

Aspiration was what she had.

Hopes and dreams;

for her fate flew her forward.

She had plans that were coming into realization.

As fate flew her forward, I was stuck.

Grounded by the very notion that the girl who had me for our short shot at fantasy did not want me.

I had not gotten over it and soon my eyes had swollen up enough for me to realize that I was heading nowhere with her, and her with me.

She did not live in the present, she was living for the future.

All I ever did and cared about like, the now, with, she didn't bother.

But for her I cared and for her I would forever.

And it shook me most when I saw my next venture with her was into never.

I've not moved on and still I long for an explanation.

One from her.

One I dear need not decipher.

Because all I've took were guesses as to what she would've thought of our situation 

that I've clearly stated here, our story with no edit or alteration.

She swept forward and did not mind whatever had happened to us before.

Quickly, she would forget and avoid things that past for she was flying forward, and she flew fast and ever more.

Needless to say that I cared, so much, and for her, very deeply.

I knew she wouldn't stay and I cared so much that when she left, it shook the core of the rigid hollow rock she left of me.

She had my attention the whole while. She had, but didn't want me for that short span of forever. But in our time's essence, I knew then what I know now, and I know still that I love her.

But will she, I? Never.