So many questions, not many answers

Kate looks to the files.

 "Natalie Harry Darren." Kate glances back to Jefferson's file.

 She grabs a couple other files, taking out the victims pictures and putting them in a circle on her wooden desk. Natalie, found dead  from Jefferson's house. Her 5 year old son in the closet with two Chuskys protecting him.She didn't have any cases to keep her off this sorry piece of case. Detective Kate puts the last, familiar picture in the middle.They were killed on different days, time, and...evenly spaced out.  The traffic going on around in the station is largely un-notice-able to her.   They were killed without mercy.

 Kate puts the crime-scene photos under the victims picture; about 14 people or so.

"And they are connected to..." Kate leans back in her seat. "Doyle."

She folds her arms,He told me to back off the case.

But why?

Why would Doyle warn her to back off?

"D-d--Detective Lockley." A police officer, Lewis Hammer, stutters as he stand in front her desk.

Kate looks up

 "What is it..." She waves her right hand. "Your name starts with a  'L' right?"

Lewis nods.

"Okay, L, go on." She folds her arms.

"B-b-boss--boss doesn't want you to get any more deeper into this case." Lewis stutters.

"It's my case," Kate said. "It's been mine since the beginning."

"Uh...It's in the FBI's justification, now." Lewis add. "I should realll--yllyy g-g-go get some donuts. Bye."

Kate looks down to Doyle's photograph.

 "He knows something." Kate told herself.  And I will get to the bottom of this.