What a disney moment, I feel like Eric trying to guess Ariel's name.

{Michael}

She's gone.

I swore in my head, how could she been gone I slept against the front door, there's no way. I sat up staring at the couch that had the blankets carelessly thrown off.

I went to call out her name but paused. I don't even know her name so what now?

She's in this house somewhere but where? Right when I stood up from the floor the door to the bathroom opened and she stepped out in a pair of my boxers and old Iron Maiden t-shirt that had a countless amount of holes in it and slumped off her shoulder. Her feet were covered in a pair of my socks that were too big for her as she'd pulled them all the way up almost to the middle of her shins her tangled hair dripping all over the floor.

There she went with the staring again and we just stood there. She was starting to creep me out.

"You took a shower." It was a stupid statement, but I needed to fill the silence. She continued to stand there so I walked over to the kitchen pulling down a box of cereal and getting milk from the fridge.

I pushed a bowl and spoon over in front of her and nodded towards it. She walked over from the doorway and sat down, filling her bowl with Frosted Flakes and adding the milk.

We sat there, crunching in silence before I tried talking to her again.

"So what did you say your name was?"

Her eyes looked up from her cereal bowl before looking back down again. "

"It was a joke you know? Because you actually never told me your name."

Crunching.

"Okay...I could guess and then you could tell me if I'm right or not?" I didn't take her silence as a yes but I didn't take it as a no either.

"So...Jessica?" She actually looked nothing like a Jessica, but I figured if I kept guessing, I'd get a look or something signaling that I was right.

"Caroline? No? Alright."

I sat back in my chair balancing my cereal bowl in my hands. "Alexis?" She looked a bit like an Alexis.

No response.

"Jenny?"

She wrinkled her nose and I let out a small chuckle, guess not.

"Miranda?" She tilted her head slightly to the right.

"Amanda. Is your name Amanda?"

What a Disney moment, I felt like Eric trying to guess Ariel's name. At least Ariel gave Eric some sort of sign.

Amanda reached over and grabbed the cereal to refill her bowl. Amanda? I don't even know if that's her name but I guess that's what I'm going with.

My phone vibrated against the countertop and I checked it for the first time since I got off of work yesterday. Just a few text messages from my sister, my dad, and one of my best friends Calum asking if I wanted to go out for beers tonight. I shot him a text back *cant man, crazy night, i'll explain later.*

I looked back over at Amanda now on her third bowl of cereal. I got a better look at her while she sat there eating. She was pretty plain, her skin was darker than mine, but then again, so was everyone's, sitting just above a natural tan. Her eyes were dark brown, so dark that if you weren't really staring into them you'd think they were black framed with almost too short eyelashes. Her hair was shoulder length and all over the place, now beginning to dry slightly and I could tell she had a hard time controlling it. 

I watched her a few seconds later before standing up to clean the dishes I'd left in the sink from yesterday morning. I began talking while I had my back turned to her as if she would respond. Asking her questions, telling her about where I worked, about my family, anything to keep the silence from filling the room again. When I was done with the dishes I set my phone in the dock, turning on the Arctic Monkeys album before going over to fold the blankets from the floor and couch.

"I'll take your clothes and put them in the wash for you okay?" I went over to pick up the pile she'd left on the bathroom floor and took them to the laundry room.

"Do you like TV?" I clicked on the set before setting the remote down on the coffee table. When I came back out from the laundry room she'd moved to the couch and had the TV changed to the weather channel watching the woman point to the moving colors on the map.

I picked up my phone and sent a text back to Cal

*you may need to help me out with something*

*so I can help you but you cant go out with me for a beer?*

I sighed, I should've texted Luke or Ashton.

By this time my dog Roscoe had made his way through his dog door from outside. She picked her feet up, tucking them under herself so he couldn't touch her as he sniffed the ground around her.

"It's okay." I walked over to him, kneeling beside her chair, petting him. "Don't let his size intimidate you, he's really not scary at all."

He leaned into me as if to prove his point to her, licking the side of my face

She gave me a look before slowly putting her feet back down onto the floor and Roscoe immediately rushed over pushing his face in her legs begging to get attention before jumping up placing his paws on her lap trying to lick her face.

"Roscoe, come on buddy get down." I tugged at his collar and he sat on the floor, his tail thudding on the floor as he wagged it excitedly, wanting her to pet him.

She wrinkled her nose for the second time that morning and then it happened.

She finally spoke, and despite what she said, her voice rang like bells in my ears. She sounded completely different then what I thought she would, her voice wasn't shy and quiet like I'd thought, it was louder, more defined, borderline spunky which matched the "your dog smells like shit" that came out of her perfect little mouth.