Chapter 7 : Baobei's back!

JingYu was slowly starting to feel better once it was Friday as Weizhou was set to return the next day. He returned after work and took a nap. The dreadful week was finally coming to an end.

A knock on his door woke him up. There stood his uncle with a blank expression.

"How are things?" Chang asked casually.

"Erm...you woke me up to ask that? Man you're really bad at small talk." JingYu changed to a sitting position.

Man? Which part of 'I'm not your buddy' didn't you understand? Chang questioned internally.

"How's Weizhou doing?" Chang asked instead.

JingYu looked at him wearily. "He can't wait to come back." There was a hint of a smirk.

"Well at least he chose to go there for an entire week, putting everything else aside. That boy's got his priorities straight."  Chang said sitting down on the chair nearby.

JingYu scoffed. "Just stop beating around the bush and get to the point."

Chang shot him a cold stare. "Fine! Do you plan on dropping out of high school with graduation only months away??"

"Don't you know you sound like a broken record?" JingYu said carelessly.

"I heard that you've been slacking off again. But I wanted to get confirmation regarding that personally before confronting you. So I talked to the school's vice principal." Chang explained sternly.

This time JingYu was silent.

"I think I pointed out several times that I won't tolerate this kind of behavior. Wasn't I clear enough?"

"Oh you were clear alright. But this is my life. I get to decide how I live it."

Chang took a breath to not let his fury impact his current conduct.

"Here's what's gonna happen. You're gonna quit that job which has been taking most of your time and go to those extra classes that are being held for students who need to catch up."

Chang wasn't done but JingYu was already shaking his head.

"You're gonna make school your priority. Not Weizhou, not work, school!" Chang continued.

"It's out of the question!" JingYu interrupted.

"As long as you live under my roof, you will do as I say."

"If I don't?" JingYu dared to challenge.

"Then you can go back home to your mother, which means you can kiss your little boyfriend goodbye."

JingYu's jaw clenched as he watched his uncle angrily.

"He's still got one more year of school left. So until he graduates he'll be under his parents' wings. Speaking of his parents, they are already aware of your irresponsible behavior and are concerned about Weizhou. Do you think they won't intervene if push comes to shove?" Chang questioned with an air of confidence.

"There's this concept called 'a long distance relationship'. Guess old folks like you aren't really aware of things like that." JingYu said in an attempt to act calm.

Chang gave him a bitter smile. "You think I haven't noticed how you've been while he's been away for just a week? It's highly optimistic of you to think that you could make a long distance relationship work."

JingYu was rendered speechless for a moment. "Don't you have anything better to do than track our relationship's progress?"

"I'm held partially responsible for how you treat him." Chang explained.