Chapter 14 : In Too Deep

"JingYu can you keep it down?" Weizhou begged.

"What were you thinking??" JingYu fumed.

After the call with his mother JingYu found himself rushing to his boyfriend's place. They were now in Weizhou's room and JingYu had begun confronting him.

"Just let me explain.." Weizhou requested closing the door.

"So that's where you went yesterday?!"

Weizhou's mouth opened but words did not come out.

"You lied to me?" JingYu's eyes widened even further.

"I...I was going to tell you-"

"This is unbelievable!" JingYu said pacing around the room.

"I'm sorry for telling her about the studio, I didn't think it's a big deal."

"This is not about the freakin' studio! Why'd you go there???" JingYu's glare was intimidating.

"I...I wanted to know stuff...about you.." Weizhou answered nervously.

"What stuff?? You wanted to do a background check to see if I'm good enough??" JingYu accused.

"What the hell JingYu?!" Weizhou's tone finally reached JingYu's pitch.

"Then what?!"

There was a knock on the door suddenly. "Is everything okay in there?" asked Mrs.Xu's voice.

Weizhou threw JingYu a cold stare. "Yes mom." He answered. "Can you at least try to calm down?" He said to JingYu in a low voice.

JingYu inhaled sharply. "ZhouZhou...what stuff did you need to know?" He repeated. His question was like the calm before the storm.

"I don't know!" Weizhou started letting out his frustration. "Anything! Everything! I wanted to try to figure out why you're like this.."

"Like what?" JingYu's voice was bone numbingly low.

Weizhou's lips curved downwards.

"Am I not good enough? ...I know I should've taken the hint.."

Unable to handle what he was hearing, Weizhou started shaking his head. "JingYu...you have no idea what you mean to me..".

JingYu merely watched him as if he was not convinced.

"I'm sorry if I crossed a line.." Weizhou's voice wavered.

"You shouldn't have gone behind my back and done this.. How can I trust you after this?" JingYu's tone was unforgiving.

"I did it because you're not fucking letting me in! And don't give me that not wanting to burden me with your issues bullshit again!"

"If you wanted to know things, you should've just asked me!" JingYu blurted out.

"Oh my God! How many times have I asked? Can you look me in the eye and say that I didn't ever ask you directly ha?" Weizhou challenged.

JingYu could not argue with that. "I told you I'd tell you things in my own time.."

Weizhou kept blinking as his eyes welled up with tears.. "How long were you going to keep me waiting..? I tell you everything about me... I've given all of myself to you baby, and I don't regret any of it one bit."

One part of JingYu badly wanted to cradle his boy in his arms, but the part that was still furious fought against it. "If you had wanted me to wait for you to tell things when you were ready, I would have done it without complaining.."