Chapter 17 : Colour Me Blue

[A/N : Hellooooo everyone! Happy New Year!! Hope you guys are doing good. First of all I am soo very sorry for the long hiatus. Not only did I have a writers' block but also some personal stuff.. (not to mention that a certain kpop group *cough* bts *cough* has stolen most of my free time). Well part 2 of Enraptured is almost over, just a couple more chapters left, both of which will be posted within the next two days. Thanks for your votes and comments <333]

>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<

On Friday, right after the fourth period JingYu was asked to visit the vice principal's office.

"Please take a seat." The lady politely requested.

JingYu did as told.

"So..JingYu. Um.. It's a busy day for me so I'll just get straight to the topic."

JingYu blankly waited for her to continue.

"It seems that due to you skipping tests and the lack of your attendance, you won't be able to graduate this year.. I'm well aware that most of your teachers warned you in advance that it would come to this if you didn't take school seriously. Unfortunately, here we are."

JingYu folded his arms but was not fazed.

The lady decided to continue. "... So you'll have to repeat this year with the next batch, in order to graduate. That's your only option."

A scowl appeared on JingYu's face before he rolled his eyes.

The lady chose to ignore it. "Do you have any questions?"

"Not really." JingYu answered dryly.

"So you're not concerned about this in the slightest?" 

"Would it make a difference if I was? You yourself just said that I have no other options."

The lady took in his cavalier demeanor curiously.  "We get a few students like you in every batch. In most of the cases, it comes down to an issue with their upbringing."

JingYu scoffed. "Thanks for the insight."

Realizing that he was a lost cause, she straightened. "Ok then I'll wrap this up. We will be informing your guardian by the way."

JingYu, who had already stood up, froze upon hearing her last statement. "..When?"

Finally a trace of concern was evident on his face.

"At our earliest of course. Most probably on Monday"

"I can do it myself." JingYu said insistently.

She smiled. "That's not how it works son."

Admitting defeat, JingYu slowly left her office.

*******

That night JingYu  approached his uncle who was leisurely watching TV. He casually sat down next to him.

Finding this unusual, Chang turned to look at him. "You need something?"

"I talked to Lei. He's coming for a visit again this Sunday."

"Coming here?" Chang became alert.

"Where else?"

"He can't just come and go as he pleases! I need to tell about this to your mother."

"Go ahead! But I'm not going back there!" JingYu shot back.