Chapter 13: Strumming on His Heartstrings

[A/N: Please ignore any mistakes there might be. I was hella tired when I wrote this which was weeks ago. It's longer though ;-).  The story is on track to its destination. ]

                                                >>>>><<<<<<                        

That evening after returning from Beijing, Weizhou insisted on meeting JingYu. They walked hand in hand across the park. Weizhou was now seeing everything about JingYu in a new light. He held on tightly to his boyfriend's hand. JingYu was however still deeply lost in thought due to the incident in the store.

"Baby.., is everything okay?" Weizhou could not help asking.

JingYu momentarily snapped out of the haze. "Yeah.." He smiled and pressed a quick kiss on Weizhou's head. "How did the tutoring go?"

"It was alright." Weizhou responded guiltily looking away.

"That's good to know." JingYu pursed his lips.

Weizhou studied his profile. "You seem distracted... It's about you quitting isn't it?"

JingYu paused. "No ZhouZhou. I'm over it!"

"But you're worried about earning.." Weizhou commented.

JingYu sighed heavily and resumed walking.

"Why do you need to earn so badly JingYu?"

"ZhouZhou could you please stop probing?" JingYu said in irritation. Their hands separated.

It was Weizhou's turn to pause. "Oh yeah. I'm sorry. What was I thinking. Who am I to poke into your personal things." Hurt was evident on his expression.

JingYu had walked a few steps ahead. Upon seeing Weizhou's reaction he quickly turned on his heel and walked back towards him. "Baby no..." He tenderly held Weizhou's face with both his hands. "There are things that I just don't wanna discuss with you."

"Why?!" Weizhou asked impatiently.

"Cause I don't wanna burden you with my issues."

"JingYu, they are not a burden to me. There is no 'yours' or 'mine'. It's 'ours'" Weizhou pulled JingYu closer.

Rendered speechless, JingYu took a moment to search his lover's eyes. "Just give me some time then ZhouZhou."

Weizhou only kept staring back.

"Can you?" JingYu's left thumb brushed his cheek.

Weizhou nodded slowly before he was pulled into a bone-crushing hug by JingYu.

                                     ******

Chang was busy preparing dinner in the kitchen that night when JingYu entered.

"Oh hey. I've been meaning to talk to you. Your mother called a while ago."

JingYu leisurely poured some water into his cup. "Okay."

"She had lost my number, that's why she wasn't able to call for a whi-."

"Have you met my father?" JingYu cut in.

Chang paused in the middle of his task. "I have.... Why?" He examined JingYu's face.

"Just curious." JingYu said sipping on the water.