Night Has A Thousand Eyes

I got ready for the day and walked down to the dining room to discuss something important that happened this morning. " Isn't that the point of a fortress? It does a better job of protecting you when you stay within its walls?" I called out walking into the room and took my normal seat at the table. Annoyed and embarrassed Hayley called out " OK! We get it. Now, let's just figure out what the hell we're gonna do." Klaus just shouts, as I sigh and fall back into my seat. " What I would like to do is take a strong leash..."

Elijah politely cuts him off, "Children, please. Niklaus, your ire is justified. However, Hayley is quite right." Hayley shrugs and gives Klaus a smug look, I set my hands on the table irritably" We need to find a new strategy. Freya, if you please..."

Freya sighs defeatedly "The spell you described, Dahlia calls it "kenning", using proxies to watch her enemies from afar. " Klaus looks at her, half-suspicious, half-curious, and Freya pauses, looking overwhelmed "But, I've never seen it done on quite this scale." Hayley sighs in frustration "Awesome. So, basically every hurricane-chugging, boob-flashing tourist on Bourbon Street is a potential spy." Freya just sighs "The good news is, I know a little about how her magic works." She gestures at a tray she has set up that has a silver tea kettle and six tea cups full of brown liquid on saucers, " This tonic will at least prevent her from using any of us." Rebekah and Freya each reach for a cup, while I hesitate.

Rebekah looks at the others "Well, come on! This should work like a charm!" Elijah sits down at the table, and he and Hayley each grab a cup as well. However, Klaus and remain standing where he is and doesn't move to join them

Rebekah raises her glass and calls out "Bottoms up!" The four of them drink their tonics, and Elijah holds out the fifth cup for Klaus, who simply stares at it. Elijah sighs in annoyance, " Niklaus, is there something you wish to contribute?"

Klaus shrugs and says "I prefer biscuits with my tea." Elijah rolls his eyes as he sets down Klaus' cup. Elijah mutters under his breath "Of course." I folded my hands into my lap as Freya sets my cup in front of me. I stared down at the swirling tonic in the cup worried.

Klaus ignores him, "Besides, our minds are far too strong to be invaded by kenning spells." Elijah rolls his eyes again and sips his tonic "So what we experienced was a test. Dahlia is watching to see how we respond to aggression. She's preparing for battle. My guess is sooner, rather than later."

"Well, if she was watching us, she would know that we have our own army." Hayley called out and Elijah just says "She also knows where we are, and, given the immense nature of her power, we simply have no idea what to expect from her. What we need is to create a new stronghold, something that Dahlia knows nothing about, a sanctuary from any witchcraft."

"That's a fine strategy. I offer another. We could use Jackson to trace her magic back to its source, find out exactly where she is." Freya says and Everyone looks to Hayley, who considers this for a moment. She looks over at Klaus, who merely smiles and raises his eyebrows at her, before she sighs.

Hayley reluctantly says " Fine. Do it." Klaus smiled as he was pleased with her words and says "Good! Then it's settled. Off you pop to your respective tasks! Me? I've always been of the opinion that the best defense is a good offense. So I'm gonna find a way to murder that God-forsaken witch."