We Have Not Long To Love

"The curse that plagued our family for seven years has taken its toll on all of us.  On our city. On our home. On our family. The consequences of us being together were grave, but today, thanks to you, we celebrate a new beginning. One in which we have the freedom to stand side by side." Klaus said and I smiled as my heels hit the ground.

"And whatever trials may come, we will face them together, as a family

"And whatever trials may come, we will face them together, as a family. Always and forever." I said and winked at Hope who smiled at me.

"Would you please pass the beignets?" Hope asked and Freya just says "Of course." She passes the tray over and Klaus says, "So, Rebekah will be back in a few days. She's just tying up some loose ends overseas." I nodded as I grabbed a beignet from the plate. "It'll be nice to have her here." Hope spoke up and Freya smiled, "it'll be good to have all of us under one roof again." It fell silent as Elijah walked in, "Good morning." Nobody spoke so Elijah said, "Obviously, there is a lot for us to discuss. Hope, let me begin by telling you how truly sorry..." Hope cut him off, "Thanks for breakfast, guys, but I have homework to catch up on."

"That's not normal. She's not normal." Klaus called out, "She lost her mother, Niklaus. I'd be surprised if she was." I told him. "I shouldn't have come down here." Elijah said and I grabbed my orange juice taking a sip. "At least you can claim amnesia, unlike our sister, who willingly aided two children in ruining her life." I rolled my eyes and said "Hope and I are not children" Klaus then turned to me, "Did you even consider what absorbing all that magic could do to her?" Klaus asked, "And what choice did I have?" I asked.

" Deny her. Defy her. We had a plan to keep the dark magic away from her." I scoffed, "A plan that wasn't working." Klaus glared at me, "Yes, well, thanks to you, the magic has her now. So, if my daughter should be harmed in any way, shape or form, I will hold you personally responsible." He snapped at me and I set my glass out harshly. I stood up and the chair scooted back harshly. I then turned and walked out of the dinning room.

I went in to my room as I sighed and sat on my bed. I ran a hand through my hair and groaned. My phone buzzed and I grabbed it to see a text from Ashton

'Lunch?'

I smiled and typed, 'Its a date'

I bit my lip and stood up. I then got into the tin where I store all my letters I plan to keep and grabbed what I was looking for. I walked to the balcony that over looked the main room. I spotted Klaus and hurried down the stairs. "Klaus." I called out and he stopped. "Klaus, we need to talk." Klaus just says, "No. No more talk. My daughter needs help. I intend to get it for her."

I gulped and called out "Please, Klaus, I am not the enemy. Okay? Every time I look at Hope, I see a child of mine that I'll never get to raise. That's how I feel about her. That's how much I want to protect her. She came to me in so much pain, and I knew that she was gonna take back that power with or without me. Okay? So I gambled that if she felt like we were on her side, maybe she would let us help her."