The Tale of Two Wolves

The last few weeks Davina, Freya, and I have been searching spellbook after spellbook. All lead to dead ends. Niklaus then came barging into the room. "Pack a bag and get in the car." I nodded and he left me.

I packed a bag and threw it on my back as I then made my way down to the car. Elijah and Klaus came down along with Hope who fell asleep on the drive. What nobody knew Klaus and I had a plan. We just have to get to Mystic Falls.

Niklaus lead me to Caroline who was giving a tour, "At the Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted, we are big on spirit. Education is our first priority, obviously. We've sent students to the Ivy League, to Silicon Valley. Of course, if you're looking for a more unique course of study, I assure you, we are unmatched. We believe in an inclusive blending of the species here. So, outside of full moons, vampires, witches and werewolves all cohabitate peacefully."

I smiled at Caroline as Klaus called out, "Where do you keep the hybrids? In the root cellar?" Caroline got a look on her face before saying, "Excuse me. I just need one minute with this very lost new janitor." She came over to us  "Come on, Bob. I'll show you the toilets." She leads us to her office. "Seriously? You're not exactly a selling point for this place." She took her nameplate from Niklaus and turned to me as I sat on her desk before she turned back to Niklaus.

"Oh, because these kids have so many other options." Klaus said and Caroline then called out, "I thought we made a deal about you showing up in Mystic Falls." Klaus turned to us and said, "That was a long time ago." He nodded at me and I sighed. I jumped off the desk and opened my bag. "we need your help, Caroline." I told her and took my spellbook out and opened to the page my legal pad was in. "Hope is dying. She consumed the dark magic and now it's consuming her. She won't survive tonight's full moon."

Caroline then gasped silently very shocked, "She triggered her curse?" she asked and I nodded, "It was my fault." Klaus chimed in. "Uh, I thought that the Crescent wolves could control their transformations." I shook my head, "Not the first one. It's a rite of passage. Unavoidable." Klaus called out, "Well, what do you need from me?"

I gulped and said, "I need a very rare type of witch from the Gemini Coven." Caroline's head snapped to me. "You can't be serious." I bit my lip and Klaus said, "I need your daughters Caroline."

"No. No, absolutely not. They're-they're children." Caroline said going to her records. "They're siphoner witches. It's what they were born to do. Siphon magic from one thing And put it in another." I told her and she poured herself a drink before coming back over. "So, after they siphon it from Hope, what are they supposed to do with it? You can't just shove a demon in a jar and put it on a shelf." I gulped as Klaus said, "They'll put it in me."

"That's great. And then you can practice mindful meditation while we just cross our fingers and hope that you don't develop some sort of temper.Oh, wait." Caroline said and I ran a hand through my hair. "Do you remember when you and your friends threatened to chain me up, drown me in cement and drop me in the deepest ocean? Well, when your daughters put the magic in me, I need you to make good on that threat. I won't fight you this time." Klaus told her.

"No, I was just a kid back then. I didn't know- That was a long time ago." Caroline said. "No." I said and they both turned to me. "Put the magic in me." I told them and Klaus had a confused look.  "I can't allow my daughter to die." he said but I shook my head. "She won't, but I can't let her loose her dad too. She lost Hayley and she lost a part of herself. She just got you back and now you're trying to leave again?" I asked and he sighed, "Salem." he tried but I scoffed sighing.

"Niklaus you've known me since I was 14, I didn't know about the world, I was sheltered and innocent. You spent my whole life being there for me and... and and protecting me from werewolves to Kol's harlot of the week. Let me do this. I've spent centuries with you, and I'll always need you when I get scared, lonely,  or nervous, but it's Hope's turn to grow up the rest of the way with you not without. I can't do that to her." I told him and he sighed.