chapter ten: creating a channel.

*stephanie's pov*

last night after colby and i's pointless tickle war, he left me in my room to go to sleep since it was getting late.

i sat in bed with my phone, and as i was scrolling through my twitter feed i got an idea. the boys had been vlogging almost everyday, as usual, and i'd been in them a bit, but they'd never really focused on me that much. i mean, i am part of the house. so i clicked out of twitter and called colby.

it barely even rang before he picked up.
"hellooo, cutie." he said, emphasizing on the o. i could feel him smiling on the other end of the line.

"hey, i have a question."

"what is your question?"

"should i, like, introduce myself in the vlogs? because i do live here, and nobody has really brought me up," i asked.

"that actually sounds like a good idea. maybe tomorrow i can gather everybody up and we'll make a video introducing you."

"okay, that sounds fun."

"but," he stopped.

"what?" i questioned, confused.

"just know that if we get you involved that there might be some rude people who say mean things about you. i get it, sam gets it, we all do. i just don't want you to get upset or-"

"colby, i can handle a few dickwads with big mouths. i'll be fine." i laughed.

"you know, i think you're funny enough to start a youtube channel yourself," he laughed back.

"really?" i wondered if that might be a good idea. youtube seems really fun, from what i see my friends doing.

i heard some light footsteps outside in the hallway.
"open your door."

"okay," i smiled, not hanging up and i jumped up and hurried over to the door.
"what a surprise." i giggled, ending the call and meeting eyes with colby in my doorframe once again.

"maybe if we make a video tomorrow introducing you, that could be a good way to ease into you having a channel. i could help you create one, if you want. i'll help you make your first video and stuff," he said, sitting on my bed.

"that might be a good idea, but are you sure i'm really the right kind of person to be doing this kind of thing? what would i even do?" i said, not really knowing what videos i'd even make.

"well, you could vlog with the rest of us and do all kinds of stupid stuff, and you could do sit down videos if you want, but those are boring sometimes."

"maybe you can teach me how to do all that crap, because i'm excited to do it but i have absolutely no clue as to how." i laughed.

"sure, i'll teach you. i'll help you learn how to edit and all the good stuff. but you will need a camera," he reminded me, "in which i can help with as well. i have a spare camera that you can have, if you want it. i keep it as a spare in case mine gets damaged, but i can always get another," he offered.

"oh, colby, i won't take your camera. it was probably expensive, i can't just take something like that," i opposed.

"oh, c'mon, steph, it's not a big deal. here, come with me, i'll give it to you right now." he said, forcing me out of my room and pulling me to his.
he opened the door to his bedroom, which i've never even been in, which i just now realized.

"nice bedroom," i smiled, looking at him as he searched for his spare camera. he had a black and white checkered duvet, a couch, a desk, and a few other things. pretty simple.