chapter twenty four: vidcon- part one.

*colby's pov*

i brought sam's, steph's and my suitcase down to brennen's car. he's driving us because he's got the most room, and he's the most fun driver out of all of us.

we're leaving for vidcon in ten minutes, and i don't think i've ever seen any human more stressed, scared, excited and confused all at one time than stephanie is right now.
she's pacing the floor, breathing heavy, alternating smiles and frowns and fiddling with her fingers.
i know she was nervous about meeting my other friends who she loved watching, like david and liza and all of their friends. she loves those videos. she loved dodie and dan and phil too, and she was bursting with joy at the thought of meeting any of them.
i don't really know how to help, i didn't think she'd be so worried. then, she walked right up to me.

"what if they hate me?" she stared into my eyes.

"who?" i cocked my head to the side. who could ever hate her?

"everyone. david, liza, scotty, your fans, the other youtubers, every person at this convention. they're gonna hate me," she blurted out, starting to freak out.

"shh, shh, steph, you've gotta calm down. i can assure you no one will hate you. i know that david will love you, same goes for all my other friends you've never met," i held her hands tightly, "but i'm setting this one thing straight: if anyone- anyone at all- gives you any kind of trouble, you're going to come straight to me and tell me who it was and what they did." i said sternly. i don't want any fans harassing her, and i especially don't want any guys hitting on my girl.

"o-okay." she nodded shyly.

"alright guys, the time has come. let's go party our asses off at vidcon!" brennen screamed, swinging open the front door and screaming at us.

"WOOHOO!" sam screamed louder somehow, and ran down the stairs and flew out the door.
me and steph walked outside and jumped into brennen's car, and we were off to a weekend full of fans, fun, and lots of anxiety, because these conventions are crazy busy.

•••

"here are your creator's passes, have a good time guys!" the man standing behind the counter said.

"thanks, we will." brennen answered on behalf of all of us as we slipped the lanyards around our necks. i grabbed steph's hand and we walked beside sam and brennen to find our rooms, luggage in hand.

lucky us, we scored four rooms, two on each side of the hallway that were right across from each other. steph and i had rooms going across, same went for brennen and sam. we dropped our crap in our rooms and met in the hallway to decide where to go first.

"well, colby and i have a q&a panel at 2 pm, so we've got an hour and a half until we've gotta split. wanna walk around and show steph the reins of vidcon?" sam suggested. i nodded along with brennen, and steph agreed.

"sure. i'm gonna need all the help i can get," she giggled, and we walked out to the elevator and rode it down.
the closer we got to the bottom floor of the hotel, we heard loud voices, kind of like screams.

"what's that?" stephanie asked warily.

"some youtubers probably went down there and are getting bombarded. no biggie, we'll get you through the lobby." brennen said, flexing and making her laugh a little, showing her we'll protect her.