Chapter 23

NOT EDITED...

Jamal POV

*The next morning*

I got up and went to check on the girls. They were sleeping still. Madison was snoring lightly and Africa was still beautiful. She was just laying there with Maddy cuddled up to her. I went downstairs and started breakfast. This is just the beginning of me getting my baby back. Mike threatened me again, and her mother was on the phone after Mike called Africa. Lets just say..uh..I wanna have more kids and I want my damn life. 

I went to the fridge and grabbed the eggs only for me and Maddy. Africa doesnt eat eggs. (A/N: I dont eat eggs lol) I got the chicken sausage and turkey bacon. I looked in the cabinets for the grits or oatmeal. I stepped closer to the cabinet and hit my toe on the lower cabinets.

"Dammit!" I bent down to rub my toe. I heard laughing and turned around. It was Madison. She was dying laughing, like bent over holding her stomach. 

"Girl. This is not funny"

"Yes" She continued laughing. I went to her and lifted her in the hair. I brought her down and pretended to eat her belly. She was laughing and screaming. I decided to stop because Africa was still sleep and needed some rest. I went back to grab some skillets and place then onto the stove. 

"I help?" I looked at her with a stool in her hand. I grabbed it from her and it said KJ on the front of it. I kind of felt a sting in my heart. Like my stomach freaking fell. 

"Ummm..Yea you can help" I told her placing the stool back where she grabbed it from. I dont think Africa would appreciate us touching his stuff. I sat Maddy on the counter told her to stir the eggs I cracked. I was opening the sausage when my phone started ringing. I went to the couch to get it. It was Jamie.

"What?"

"Damn..you can be nicer bae"

".."

Africa POV

I shuffled around. I knew I wasnt going back to sleep. I just laid there. Thinking about everything. About KJ, Jamal, Maddy, My parents being gone, and myself. I miss my baby. Around this time he would wobble into me and Keith's room and tug on the edge of my comforter. But when I moved out, he would kiss on my face until I woke up. Jamal. He is acts like I am ths disease he must get rid of. He keeps doing and spitting shit like poison. I am way too hurt to face him. He apologized last night. I dont know if it was because I was crying or if he was truly sorry. Oh my little Madison. I love that girl. She just gives me life. Mom called me last night and I told her what Jamal told me. My dad didnt wanna hear it but my mom wouldnt budge, so I told her. She screamed and cursed and did everything in the book. I calmed her and I think she told my dad because I heard Jay on the phone with my dad again before I dosed off. I just dont understand where it came from. 

I smelt the breakfast, but I could barely walk. They prescribed me some pain medicine, but I am trying to naturally heal. I aint wanna episode with taking all the pills. I sat up in my bed and tried reaching my for crutches and couldnt reach them. I took my remote and pushed them  my way. I grabbed them and pushed my legs to the side of my bed. I grabbed my knee length boot and strapped it. I used my night stand for balance and got onto my crutches. I am getting better at handling myself. I went to the door and it opened. Jamal was there handing Madison a tray. I just stood there. Waiting for them to look up. 

"Alright. You give this to mommy and say .."

"Daddy love you" She finished it. I cleared my throat. He looked up and smiled slightly and frowned. Maddy looked at me  and smiled big.

"Daddy love you mommy"

"Is that so?" She nodded her head yes and tried handing me the tray. Jamal grabbed it and looked at me.

"Why are you out of bed?" I was about to lie and say to use the bathroom, but there is a bathroom in my room. I could say to cook, but he would yell at me. Or I could tell him the truth. that I wanted to be nosey.

"Uh..I just wanted to stretch a bit" He gave me that 'niggah please' look and rolled his eyes.

"Well....you stretched enough, get back in the bed." I would say something smart back but thats only when I like him. I dont like him right now AT ALL.  

"I dont have to if I dont want to" I just looked at him.

"Africa..stop trying to be a hard ass and get in the bed" I still wasnt budging. He blew out his breath and whispered in Madison's ear. She looked at me worried. I was confused.

"Mommy please???"

"What Madyy?" He whispered again.

"Dont hurt yourself. Mommy bed" She looked back up at Jamal. "Come on daddy. Mommy will get her bed" She pulled his arm and he sat on the right side of my bed. I limped around to look at him. He was smiling. I gave him a look of disgust because he used Madison against me. I sat down and removed the boot. I tried putting my feet back, but I couldnt lift my injured leg onto my bed. I grunted with frustration.

"Let me help you.." He stated iinstead of asking.

"Let me help you?" Madison asked. i told her yes and she hugged me while Jamal placed my legs into my bed.

"You hungry?" Hell yes.

"Nah..Im good" He dighed loudly and got the tray that he sat on my dresser.

"Eat. Before it gets cold." 

"I said I was good" He is annoying me.

"Well...I said eat so eat or imma call Mike" I looked at him and laughed ignoring the pain in my shoulder.

"Im not scared of my daddy. Niggah u may be but me...nahh..Call him if you want to" I pushed the foot to my night stand. He got Madison and whispered to her.

"Mommy wont eat her food. She is hurting daddy's feelings too. She wont eat what you cooked. Look"

"Niggah stop telling her shit. She gone think im the bad guy."

"Alright, just stop cursing in front of her you know they can repeat sh- stuff at this age" 

"Yea i know, I raised a child before." I said in a factly manner. His eyes shot to mine and tears threatened to fall. I sucked them up.

"Look Mads. Mommy is eating. I love the food you made me. Thank you soooooo much" I kissed her forehead 3 times and she smiled. Jamal looked at us once more and walked out. Im starting to think that he is a little bitch. Always running away from something. I guess thats what we do now. Just run away when tings dont go our way. Punk ass. Ugh this is where friends would come in handy but I aint want no females in my business.

Ugghh..I need to call my dad. As if on que, my dad was calling and his face lit on my screen. 

"Papaaaaa!!!!" I laughed and looked confused. I answered my phone.

"Hey daddy.."

"Hey how is everything going?"

"Well..."

TO BE CONTINUED.... 11:47 at night. I guess its past my bedtime

How was it? 2 updates in 2 days. Am I on the roll or nah? I just felt like updating. I will do part 2 MAYBE tomorrow or Thursday. Look out for it.

Africa talks to her mom? Jamal scary ass. So Africa does want him, just not now huh? Anyways, No goal again. Just show love. All comments are valid and appreciated.

Love and Peace

*Destany