Chapter Five

I open my eyes once again to see the bright white lights of the hospital room. I try to close my eyes to block out the harsh light, but my thin eyelids are no match. I attempt to lift my Arm, to bring it up to my face and shield my eyes, but I feel too sore to even move a finger. My whole body aches, this is one of the worst fights Ive ever gotten into with Tate.

Speaking of Tate, he's probably back home, wondering where I am. Maybe I should just tell the doctors Im feeling great and should go home. I bet Tate is worried about me. But I'm just too sore.

I lift my head slightly and look up when I see a man with bright red hair approaching me.

"I'm Josh, I'm here to make sure you're feeling okay and to get you anything you need" Okay so for starters, Josh over here is insanely attractive. Like, damn. Second of all, I think I forgot to speak. I stare at Josh's face for a while, his smile slowly dropping slightly "Mr. Joseph?" He says, and I snap out of my trance.

"O-oh yep um, th-thats me. Thank yo-you" Awesome job Tyler, you talk to a hot guy and stutter.

"How are you feeling right now?" he says and walks over to check my I.V.

"Really sore," I chuckle a little bit, instantly regretting it and flinch at the pain in my ribs.

"So it says here," He points to a clipboard, "That you were hurt by your-" He pauses, looking back up at me, "Boyfriend?"

"y-yea, its not the first time, but its really no big deal. he doesn't mean to"

"How could he accidentally hurt you like this? you have three broken ribs and a fractured wrist, I don't see how that could be an accident."

I look back down at my white hospital bedsheets. "yes, y-youre right"

"Hey listen, my shift ends in-" He looks down at his watch, counts to five "Now! so if you want to talk, Ill take some time off of my break. I have some questions, if thats alright with you?"

"um yea okay" I say, shifting a little bit to make myself more comfortable. 

Time to tell Josh about what happened to me.