XXI

"You want me to what?"

Arena's voice was loud and shocked as she sat in the chair opposite the CEO of the company, Mrs Park standing in the corner of the room with Mr Shin.

"I think it's a great idea," he leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms, the gesture clearly meant 'try me'.

Arena squinted and fired back, "This is not what I was promised. What happened to the Idol Dance Group I was brought here for?"

"We already told you," said Mr Shin, his voice heavy. His bright smile had changed into a deep frown as he pushed away from the wall and came to stand next to where Arena was sitting.

"The idea was rejected as the sole purpose of an "Idol" is to dance, sing and rap on stage. Thus creating just a dance team with no singing nor rapping, would not get good feedback and possibly could ruin our company. The entertainment industry here is very harsh," the CEO's voice suddenly sounded tired and Arena felt a small pang of quilt for raising her tone before.
"But.." Arena looked at Mrs Park who gave the most barely noticiable small shakes of her head. Arena sighed and looked at her lap. Nothing was going the way she thought or wanted. There was going to be no Idol Dance Group. She was not going to be able to debut as a dancer on stage and earn money doing what she loves and inspiring others.

"Then why did you go through all of this trouble just
to get me here if you had no intention of debuting me or at least giving me a chance as a trainee?"
The CEO smiled a little. Mr Shin was the one who answered, his own smile already returning, "Because of the offer he made to you 10 minutes ago."

"That can't possibly be it." Arena's head whipped to the side as she looked at everyone in the room in disbelief. "Me? You want me to choreograph their song?"

She got three nods as a reply.

"But why? Why me? Why the hell would you want a high school girl as a choreographer to a legit idol group. It's not like I have much experience or anything nor am I known. I might ruin their song." She looked down again and fiddled with her fingers. Another bad habit of hers for when she was waiting for someone to critizise her or when she was very nervous or shocked. Perfect for this situation exactly.

When Arena had walked inside the office, she had been taken aback by how amazing it looked and by the important looking man behind the desk. Arena had bowed quickly as the man had stood up and walked to greet her. He had shook her hand and at that moment she had felt that everything was going the way she had always hoped for. But when she had taken her seat...then things had gotten messy.

She had been told there will be no Idol Group, she would not be debuting nor becoming a trainee and that they brought her to Korea so she could choreograph Monsta X's new song.

(Clearly ya'll thinking how any of this shit could ever happen irl but whateves lol. You never know 😏)

Arena had been as shocked as she was confused and sad. But to choreograph for Monsta X and then teach them..

"It would be an amazing opportunity for them and you and us. I can clearly see that the boys are sick and tired of all those middle aged men choregraphing their songs and having to learn from videos. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with that, the choreographies and -graphers have been amazing. But they could use a little change. And if the song is a hit, as we expect it to be, then success will be on your side as well. As to answer your question why we chose you then, well, you got lucky.