My mind is made up

It was prom night, Shannen had come over to my house so both of us could get ready for the dance. I quietly started at myself in the mirror,now standing in a dark purple dress that reached my knees with simple black flats and a purple heart chocker dangling around my neck. Shannen was messing with my hair,straightening it and smiling softly. Shannen was wearing a cute pink and black dress that was higher in the front and lower in the back, I thought she looked better than me with her hair let down and a small amount of makeup dusting her face, she looked perfect.
"Kalyssa you're doing that look again, stop worrying! You look amazing and all eyes are gonna be on us!" Shannen spoke proudly as she turned of the flat iron and I put my glasses back on,smiling slightly.

"I'd feel alot better if there weren't a bunch of people staring at me" I giggled softly,looking back at her before looking up at the cat clock in the corner of my room.
"Well, lets get going,Shan Shan!" I smiled a bit more as I gently grabbed her hand,rushing out the door and towards her car, Shannen getting in on the drivers side as I slid into the passenger seat.

"So you meeting up with Krissy?" I teased Shannen a bit,snickering softly as Shannen blushed and rolled her eyes.

"Oh hush and let me focus,i'm the one who's driving and in a sense right now,the one holding your life" She stuck her tongue out a little,making me laugh and sigh softly as we pulled up to the school,I was able to see some of the colorful lights from outside of the school. I slowly stepped out of the car,Shannen following suit as we headed towards the door,showing our student ID's so we could get into the dance. The second we walked through the doors,loud music hit our ears as I looked over the large crowd of people dancing,some of the couples grinding on each other and making me grimace slightly. Shannen's date greeted us both, Shannen quickly going to the dance floor with him as I went and sat at one of the tables,swinging my legs slightly as I watched everyone,not really wanting to go out there and dance with such a large group of people dancing. I didn't really plan on dancing either,I had two left feet and couldn't dance to save my life. As I quietly looked around my eyes caught on a certain dark headed male,my eyes widening a little as he stood with the one girl I was trying to avoid running into.

"Daichi...." I whispered to myself, why did it hurt to see him with her? I frowned and nibbled on my lower lip. I was looking at them and failed to notice that Emma's eyes caught me staring. She gave a small smirk and grabbed Daichi's arm,sauntering over to me. I straightened up,my eyes widening a bit as Emma stood in front of me,Daichi right by her. She gave me such a fake smile,her eyes boring into me.

"Well I didn't think I'd see you her on you own,Kalyssa! Where's Shannen,did she run off and leave you,tch, that's just horrible" She giggled softly as I pulled a straight face, I wasn't gonna react to her. I stood up to try and leave but she gripped my arm.

"Come on now,don't leave, I just wanted to chat" I turned back to her,biting my lip more as I looked at Daichi, he looked upset as well but I didn't know if I should have felt sympathy for him at that point.

"Oh did I mention that I came here with Daichi, isn't it so sweet of him to ask me to homecoming?" She smiled more,it was sickening to me.

"Don't tell me you thought he was gonna ask you out,did you?" Her words oddly enough stung but that made me more pissed than upset.

"And I should care why? Because someone finally got a pity date from her crush?" I spat back at her,Emma's lips forming into a scowl.

"It's not a pity date,right Daichi?" She looked up at him,Daichi going silent as he looked at me.

"Seems like I was correct,so sorry,love" I smiled softly and Emma growled.

"Shut up that stupid mouth of yours!" She yelled,throwing a punch towards my face, I was bracing for the hit but it never came,my eyes opened and someones hand had caught Emma's,I slowly looked back at the person,my eyes widening a bit.

"Hideo...." I spoke softly, Hideo looked well, pissed. He didn't even look remotely shy at the moment as he squeezed Emma's wrist,making her whimper in pain as he glared at her,his blue eyes,ice cold.

"Don't you dare put your hands on her ever!" Hideo snapped,a growl ripping from the back of his throat as he slowly let go of Emma's wrist,Emma holding her arm close to her body and trying to rub the soreness from her wrist. I slowly looked between Hideo and Daichi as they starred each other down. In this moment I knew I was ready. I took one more look between the two before smiling and taking off towards the roof.

"Catch me if you can!" I called out,giggling softly. I busted through the doors to the roof,smiling and standing by the edge of the roof,tears pricking at my eyes. Daichi and Hideo quickly appeared in the door,both looking at me, the wind making my dress flutter as I smiled brightly,some tears falling down my cheeks. Yeah I was definitely ready.