Chapter Four

Two days in with classes, and I'm already starting to feel the huge weight college is going to be. For those of you who read these books and also read Doctor Who . . . it might be a while before one of those books gets updated. As a music major, my days are already booked, but with being in the Honors college as well, that puts an extra weight on me in my writing seminar. I still plan to write, honestly, I do, but it's my golden rule: my education comes before my writing.

Now, to what some of you have probably been waiting for . . . Oliver finally meets Alex!

***

In a bar populated by aliens not far in National City, an auburn-haired woman bent down, eyeing down her cue. She smirked and lined up her move before taking the shot.

The white ball hit the striped ball, and it sank right into the pocket in the corner of the table. "Way to go, Danvers," the police detective leaning on her own cue grinned.

"Thanks," Alex smirked at her fiancée, moving around to line up another shot.

Before she could, her cell phone rang. "Who'd be calling you now?" Maggie frowned.

"I don't know," Alex frowned, straightening and pulling out her phone. When she saw the Caller ID, she blinked and answered. "What do you want, Luthor?"

"We found Kara," Lena got straight to the point.

Alex's eyes widened, and she actually dropped her cue. "Alex?" Maggie quickly moved around the pool table.

"You did?" Alex croaked out, sinking into a seat, clinging to the back of the chair with white fingers. "How?"

"With help," Lena answered. "Look, you'll need to get to Kara for it all to make sense."

"OK," Alex took a deep breath, standing back up. "Where is she?"

"I'm sending you the coordinates now. I won't say over the phone. But as soon as you find her . . . you need to get medical attention for her."

"Thank you," Alex swallowed, turning to Maggie. "Thank you so much."

"Get there quickly, Alex. She's not doing well."

"Alex?" Maggie asked as Alex hung up.

"It's Kara," Alex whispered, the detective's eyes widening. "She's hurt, but she's been found."

"Where is she?" Maggie asked, grabbing hers and Alex's cues and heading to the rack, putting them up.

Alex flicked through her phone, finding a message from Lena. "Here," she answered, showing Maggie the coordinates sent by Lena.

"All right," Maggie took out her GPS, plugging the coordinates in, showing Alex the way to her car. "Let's go get your sister."

***

Slade broke every speed limit to reach the warehouse Lena had given them coordinates to. He hadn't even put the van in park before Oliver was scrambling out with Kara. "How is she?" Malcolm asked, hurrying to follow.

"Well, her heart's still beating," Oliver laid Kara down on the ground, checking her pulse. "It's faint, but there."

"I called Alex while you were driving," Lena told them. "She should be on her way."

"Good," Oliver muttered, checking his watch. "I hope this D.E.O. is on standby."

"If not, Director J'onzz will get them all off their asses to make sure Kara's all right."

"He better," Laurel continued pressing down on one of Kara's deeper wounds. The normally confident blonde now looked sick to her stomach. "How much of this did they put in her?"