War Between Mind & Heart

The room was dark like her life, she don’t need any ray of light

The room was dark like her life, she don’t need any ray of light. She wants to end her life with darkness. She doesn’t want to pull anyone into her unlucky life of dark. The little night lamp light rays filled the room, and she can see that her room has been devastated with her anger storm. The wetness in her palm gained her attention.

Thick drops of her blood kissing the floor from her palm. The broken glass had hurt her hand and its bleeding now. It doesn’t hurt her more than the pain she has given to Abhi now. What did she said ‘I never loved you Abhi!’ how could she say that? But she said, what went wrong with her, why she wants to be close with Abhi and at the same why she was stopping herself? She couldn’t understand the war between her mind and heart. The drops of blood remind her tears she saw in his face, Abhi’s face. How could she be so cruel to lie on his faces? When she herself doesn’t know the answer for the question Abhi asked her.

An hour before…

Abhi was kissing Pragya all over her face and he bends down nuzzling her and his hands were squeezing her waist with increasing pleasure, where they were still drowned in passion in the kitchen at Abhi’s guest house.

The haze of sensation moved when his warm hands slid over her back to untie the dori of her blouse. She opened her eyes to see how close she was with him. How she was hugging him, as even a light distance would make him away from her. He was busy in planting teasing kiss over her neck, the reality strikes with what they were doing.

Pragya’s eye widen it shock, as what she has done and what she was letting him to do. Karan’s words echoed her senses ‘You and Abhi sharing an illegal relationship behind my back’. She felt herself stick in the web of feelings and fate.

Pragya’s POV

How could I let this happen?
What I was thinking when I kissed him?
Why I couldn’t see him hurt or longing for anyone?
What is there between us which always bringing us together, when the real life is different?

No! I can’t bring Abhi into my life! He has a life and I'm not the right person for him. He is my ex-husband’s brother. I shouldn’t think like this. I shouldn’t

With those deep thoughts, I pushed him out of me.
He looked me with surprise and confusion.

“What happen to you Pragya? Why are you looking tensed?” he asked calmly nearing me with worry.

I stepped a little back to get hit by the wall again. “This isn’t right. We… We shouldn’t be doing this” I stammered, each second close to him, killing me for spoiling his life.

“What you mean by that we shouldn’t be doing this?” he frowned suddenly, hearing my words.

“It’s wrong. I'm not the right person for you. And you need not to spoil your life because of me. Its better we stay away” I gathered all my courage but failing miserably infront of his furious glare over me. Few minutes before, I had seen something different in his eyes and now it is filled with rage.