Chapter Four

They push me up the steps towards the elevator. The itchy, red, frilly headdress is poking into the back of my neck life a blades edge. I want to struggle. I want to kick. I want to scream. I want to escape. But more than anything, I want to speak. Shout on the top of my lungs until I can't breathe anymore. Shout until someone comes to rescue me. More than anything. Deep down I know no one will save me. No one cares about me. No one even cares I exist. Not anymore. I want to run, as far as my legs will take me. To disappear where no one will ever find me. I want to go to District 13. But my hands are tied behind my back. I am surrounded by peacekeepers. They all hold guns. The closest one has a gun pointed into my back, pushing me forward. They treat me as a criminal, not a servant. Questions are spinning in my head like the water in a bath when the plug is pulled. What did I do earn this? 

The peacekeeper pushes me into the elevator. He pushes a few buttons and the elevator rises with a jolt. Numbers flash on a screen. One... Two... Three... Four... How high up are we going? Seven... Eight... Nine... Who lives up here? Eleven... Who would I serve? Twelve... We stop. My stomach was churning for the all the motion. A pleasant dinging noise sounds and the doors open, drawing back slowly. I spin my head around as far as I can and catch a quick glimpse through the red fabric. An arrow points down. This is the highest floor. Floor twelve. This can only mean on thing. I am here to serve the tributes of District Twelve.

Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for reading!

I'm sorry the chapters are so short but I really have no ideas or time to write.

I would really love any suggestions on plot, characters or even how I can improve my writing.

Please remember to vote, comment and share!

Thanks again,

Love_Herondale