Chapter 6

It's a few days later. Soleil and Lune had another mission once and of course Lune was complaining about her sleeping pattern being ruined, again. Soleil just told her to get used to it.

Both of them are in the library. Soleil is reading a book and Lune is listening to music, too lazy to do something else.

Suddenly Liz walks towards them "Would you guys like to come over after school?"

"I'd love to but it depends on Lune's opinion." Soleil taps on Lune's shoulder.

Lune turns off her music "What?"

"Liz wants us to come over. Do you want to?"

Lune smiles and nods "Sure." Now that she's been here for a few days and got used to the people here she isn't very shy anymore.

Soleil grins and turns to Liz "If Lune is okay with it, I'm okay with it too."

"Great. We'll wait for each other at the entrance of the DWMA so you can walk with us." Liz says.

~*~

Lune and Soleil are outside. Lune is rocking back and forth on her feet, shifting her weight, while Soleil is sitting on a low wall, her left leg just dangling while her right leg is resting on the wall, her left arm is resting on her knee as she admires the vieuw.

Soleil smiles and says, without taking her eyes off the scenery "I'm glad you're getting more comfortable here, ma petite soeur."

Lune smiles "The people here are nice, so it isn't difficult to get used to it."

Soleil is happy about that. Her sister means the world to her, her happiness is the most important thing. The white-haired girl hears footsteps and turns around to see Liz, Patty and Kid.

"Hey, guys." Liz greets them.

"Hi." Lune responds, waving.

"Hey." Soleil grins.

"Hi!" Patty waves. Enthusiastic.

Kid nods at the twins as a greeting.

"Let's go!" Liz starts walking down the stairs.

"Ugh, I still hate these stairs." Lune complains.

Soleil chuckles and jumps off the wall. She starts walking down the stairs "C'mon, Lune. If you fall behind you have to run to catch up with us."

"No thanks." Lune makes sure she keeps a steady pace.

~*~

On their way to Gallows Manor, since that's where Kid, Liz and Patty live, Lune is happily chatting to Liz about girly stuff, Patty is walking next to them and seems to enjoy the topic as well. Soleil and Kid walk a bit behind them.

"Don't you want to walk next to your sister?" Kid questions.

Soleil keeps her hands tucked in her pockets "When they're talking about girly things? No thanks."

Kid chuckles a bit "It doesn't even surprise me."

"Yeah, girly things are my nightmare. They're probably as horrible to me as asymmetrical things are to you."

"That's awful!"

"Too bad for you I'm asymmetrical." Soleil points out.

"Don't mention it." Kid grumbles "Now that you mention it, why do you always wear an eyepatch?"

Soleil glances towards Lune and sees that the younger twin is, surprisingly, so busy talking that she didn't hear the question. Soleil heaves a sigh in relief, Lune is very uncomfortable with the subject so it would be better if she didn't hear it. Soleil thinks she can tell part of the truth but she has to lie about the most important part, she doesn't have a real choice about that. She realizes that she's been silent for quite some time now.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have asked. If you don't want to tell me that's fine."

Soleil shakes her head "It's okay." She brushes a few strands of white hair behind her ear "When I was younger a witch attacked my home in France, trying to kidnap me and my sister because we're Weapons. My mother tried to protect us. We fought and eventually killed the witch. My mother died because of her wounds and I lost an eye, but somehow survived. I don't want to replace it because it'd feel like I'm replacing my mother, but it'd be very... unpleasant to look at an empty eyesocket."

"I'm sorry. It must've been hard." Kid's expression shows that he's sincere.

Soleil shrugs "What ever happened, happened. I can't change it so I should move on."

They continue walking in a comfortable silence. Lune seems to enjoy talking to Liz. Soleil smiles, it warms her heart to see that her sister is truly enjoying someone's company other than that of the older twin.

They stop in front of a large mansion and Kid says "Here we are." He has sparkles in his eyes "Such perfect symmetry."

Patty laughs and Liz sweatdrops "Ignore him."

Lune sighs and Soleil mutters "Of course you'd live in a symmetrical house."

It's not only the house itself that's symmetrical, the rooms are symmetrical as well. Soleil wonders how someone can keep a house this big symmetrical.

Liz looks at her nails and sighs "My nailpolish is ruined."

Lune smiles "If you have nailpolish I can fix that."

That's how they end up sitting at a large table doing each other's nails. Once Liz and Lune did theirs and Patty's nails they look at Soleil, who's resting her chin on her hands.

"No." Soleil says before they can ask.

"Please, jumelle? You never let me do your nails. Just this time?" Lune begs.

"No."

~*~

"Why on earth did I agree to this?" Soleil mutters and faceplants on the table. Liz and Lune are busy painting her nails silver.

"So I'd stop asking." Lune reminds the white-haired girl.

"You traitor."

"I'm not sorry."

"I'll make you sorry as soon as you release my hands."

Patty keeps laughing at the annoyed teen, who gives Lune and Liz glares that say 'you'll regret doing this to me'.