lesson thirteen

Dan was drunk.

Like, really drunk.

PJ had insisted that everyone take a couple shots, and Dan was more than happy to do so. Phil watched him warily, taking small sips from his own drink. He knew he couldn't get more drunk than Dan tonight; someone needed to make sure he got home safely.

Instead of taking a couple shots though, Dan practically chugged the whole bottle of alcohol. Phil let him, he knew that he was in pain. Phil was a bit tipsy as well, but he was nowhere near Dan's level of intoxication. Still, neither of them were anywhere near sober.

They stumbled through their front door, Dan leaning against Phil, arms draped clumsily around his tall frame. Phil had to beg him to leave the party, as Dan was too busy making a fool of himself dancing on PJ's dining table.

Phil slowly guided his friend to bed, leading him into the room. Suddenly Dan gasped and fell to the floor, causing Phil to jump in surprise.

"Oh my god, there's a piano!" Dan said, pointing towards the corner of the room. He looked amazed that such a thing could even be possible.

Phil eyed him oddly, wondering just how drunk he was. "Yeah... this is your bedroom. Ya know, with your piano."

Dan felt tears prick the corners of his eyes. "It's mine?"

"Uh, yeah?"

"LET'S PLAY IT!"

Dan grabbed onto Phil's hand, dragging him to the instrument. Phil didn't bother stopping him, just going along with whatever Dan was doing. He was tipsy, yes, but he definitely wasn't drunk enough to deal with Dan's wild behavior.

"Play a song," Dan said, yawning and leaning his head onto Phil's shoulder.

He nodded, playing the beginning notes of the first song that came into his head. Of course it was Moonlight Sonata, it was always Moonlight Sonata. Dan watched him play, watched his fingers drift lightly over the keys.

Phil's breath hitched in his throat as he felt Dan rest his hands on top of his so they were both playing. He glanced down to find the younger boy's eyes were closed. If it weren't for his hands, Phil would've thought he was asleep.

They played, Dan gently guiding Phil's hands over the black and white keys. When the song finished, Dan was snoring lightly, his head still placed nicely in the crook of Phil's neck.

Staring down at him, Phil was absolutely mesmerized. Dan was so beautiful, even in his drunken state. His hair curled and tousled, splayed messily across his face. His eyelashes fluttered against his eyelids, dark and stunning. Even his breathing was wonderful, it was calm and even, a great contrast to Phil's pounding heart. He started snoring lightly, and that's how Phil knew he was finally asleep. Without thinking, Phil whispered four words, so soft and hesitant that they disappeared immediately after they were spoken.

"I love you, Dan."

a/n: yikes i haven't posted in a while but i was writing the beginning of 'friendly' and i got another story idea so i kinda got distracted but i'm rlly excited for y'all to read everything,,

also school starts tomorrow in my city and i'm logging off of wattpad after i publish this bc i need to go to bed, but oh boy oh boy school is a thinG i'm screaming