lesson fourteen

While Dan may have woken up with the worst headache in the world, he was still insistent that Phil play piano with him. He loved playing piano with Phil, he really did. It made him happy, and he enjoyed the hour or so he got to spend with his best friend. At least, that's what he decided while debating whether or not he should go and ask to play piano with him again.

"Are you sure Dan? I figured you'd just want to lay down or something," Phil said. And anyways, wasn't he hungover?

Dan was sitting on the edge of Phil's bed, watching him edit a video. "No, let's play piano! We barely hang out anymore."

Phil laughed at his statement. Most people would've thought they spent too much time together, as if living with each other wasn't already enough. But Phil could never get tired of Dan, Dan was one of those people who could talk for hours on end about the most boring of things and you'd still be hanging on to his every word.

"Fine, after I finish editing this video we can go do whatever," Phil said, going back to editing.

Dan walked over to Phil's desk, putting himself between him and the computer. "Ph-illlllllllll."

Phil only hummed as he looked past Dan and continued working.

"Pay attention to meeeeeee," Dan pouted.

Phil paused for a second, looking at Dan in confusion. When did he become so clingy? Not that he was complaining or anything, but wasn't Phil usually the one to beg Dan for attention? What changed?

He huffed in fake annoyance, finally looking up. "Fine, whatever. Piano, yeah, sure."

Dan beamed, not realizing how close he was to Phil.

"Great."

As Dan dragged Phil to the other room, Phil couldn't help but smile. Dan was acting different... but a good different, if that made any sense. He was more touchy today, and he seemed excited to receive attention from Phil. Why Dan was acting so different, Phil didn't know, but he definitely wasn't going to mention anything about it anytime soon.

Maybe if he'd been more observant at the time, he would've realized that Dan was acting differently for a reason. He was so focused on his thoughts that he didn't have time to freak out over the fact that Dan Howell, his best friend, was holding his hand, acting as if it was nothing.

a/n: i'm so sorry but school was a thing and alsO i started another phanfic + a spam book so like ,, i'm really sorry i'll stop neglecting this story now