He Left

It was Saturday. It was the day Lincoln was to leave for Greece for two weeks. Ugh, I didn't know how I'd live without him. But I knew I'd survive. Nothing would happen, right? Well, I should have known better. ***

I woke up that Saturday and jumped out of my bed when I saw the clock. It was nine in the morning and I had to be over at Lincoln's at ten. I quickly got dressed and put on a light layer of mascara. By the time I was done it was about nine thirty.

"Hey mom!" I yelled, I heard a faint shout from the kitchen so I ran down there and saw her cooking breakfast.

"HI, honey! Where are you going?" She asked, giving me a sweet smile.

"Lincoln is leaving today, I wanna go say goodbye!" I said, pleading her to let me go.

"Alright, go! I'll be over there at ten." She said as she went back to mixing eggs in the pan.

"Yes! Thanks Mom!" I yelled, then I grabbed my phone from the table and bolted out the door.

I rang the doorbell and the door almost immediately whipped open. Lincoln stood there, in all his handsome glory.

He pulled me in a tight hug,"hey! I'm so glad you're here!"

I laughed,"I-can't-breathe" I gasp out.

"Sorry" he said with a laugh, then grabbed my hand and pulled me into his house.

We hung out in his room, while talking. We talked about so many different things. I helped him finish packing the last couple things and by ten thirty we were downstairs. My mother had already arrived and the taxi was outside to take them to the airport.

I didn't want him to leave, but I knew he wanted to go. So, I would stop him, I mean, nothing will happen when hes gone.

"Come on, Alecia, let's go grab my bags." Lincoln said.

I agreed and we trudged up the stairs. I was fighting back tears, I really would miss him. But at the same time, I was being over-dramatic.

Apparently, Lincoln saw this, and pulled me into a tug hug. He placed his chin on my head.

"It's okay, It's only a couple weeks."

"I know, I know. I'm just going to miss you a lot."

"I know, I have that effect on girls." he winked and I rolled my eyes, prying myself off of his warm chest.

We grabbed his bags and went downstairs, his mother chatting with my mom at the front door.

"Hey, honey, ready to get going?" Mrs. Adams asked.

"Yes ma'am!" the boy replied, a large grin on his face.

He almost skipped out the door, his excitement radiating off him. I couldn't help my smile at his goofiness. He was adorable, no one could deny that for sure.

As he finished putting his suitcases in the back of the cab, he turned to me. I took a step forward and he came bolting towards me.

He wrapped me in a hug, swinging in a circle. Our mothers laughed.

Lincoln's father had left his mother when he was three. They hadn't heard from him and his mother had no way to find him, either. He even legally changed his name. It was sad, really. But, every time I had a shot of sadness from missing my father, he helped me. Oh, how I love that dopey boy.

He set me down but latched on my flabby biceps.

He lowered his lips an inch from my face, and my breath hitched. The in a swift motion, he moved his head to my ear and whispered.

"I'll miss you, Alecia Evans.".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY GUYS!!!!! Okay, so my new updating schedule:

Update Tuesdays, Thursdays, and MAYBE SOMETIMES Saturdays!

You know I love you guys, but IM SO BUSY!! lol

Anywayssssssssssssss, Im sorry it so short, but im impatient lol. And I hope i scared u with the title lmao. thanks for reading! Please vote, share, and comment! i love ur feedback!