He's Back

I was miserable the rest the week. And the the week after. Finally, it was Friday. The only thing I wanted was to be held by Lincoln again. I miss my best friend. He got back tonight. I was so thankful.

I just had to endure one more excruciating day. Then he'd be back tonight. On a Saturday. Ugh, it couldn't come soon enough.                                                                                                                                       ***

I was antsy all day. Lincoln would be home tonight. I'd get my best friend back. After two, horrible weeks. I got to school and prayed that the day would go fast. The anticipation was killing me. But, as I got there, I knew that I was screwed.

I walked into the double doors and my eyes grew wide. People laughing. People pointing. They turned at me and pulled on my hair. They prodded at me as I walked the walk of shame to my locker. There my eyes grew even wider. A dozen pieces of paper were taped to my locker. Pictures. Pictures of me laying on the gym floor, naked. That day, that day was brought back. They brought back the day I was left with nothing to the imagination.

People were snapping pictures of the papers, of my reaction. It hurt so bad to know that people liked to see me in pain. I started to cry and my knees collapsed. All the sudden I heard shouting and screaming. I heard deep yells of men, and heavy foot steps. I looked up and saw chaos. There was a swat team.

I saw them screaming then heard a deafening thing.

My name.

They were looking for me.

But I didn't do anything!

I got up quickly as they bolted towards me. Large guns straps around their chests, fingers just above the trigger. One slight move and I'd be dead. I freaked out and screamed.

That only lead them to me.

They ran over and whipped me around and pushed me down. I could feel the cold metal of a gun above my back. My arms were pushed tightly against my back and it hurt. One more push and my arms would break.

I cried out and they let go.

I stayed where I was. I didn't move. It hurt to move. So I stayed face down, arms behind my back. Sobbing the living crap out of myself.

I felt arms wrap around my shoulders and pull me up. I could tell they saw the pictures, and my backpack contents was strewn across the floor.

The principal was behind the swat team, one still holding me up. I finally caught my balance and breath as the swat officer let go.

"Ma'am, we would like to thoroughly apologize. We were called in that you had a weapon, and had intentions to shoot. We see now, it was a prank. We call it a swatting. We will be tracing the call to prosecute the person who called in. Just come into the police station for more information." One officer said.

He then pulled the principal away and began to speak. 

I stood against my open locker, my legs threatening to give out. I tried to wipe the tears from my cheeks, but more kept falling. I took a couple deep breaths and I closed my eyes. 

I opened them and saw the swat team leaving. There was no one in the halls and the counselor was walking towards me. 

"Alecia, I think you should go home. I've already called your mother, she is on her way." The teacher said.

 I choked out a small yes and his eyes went wide. 

"Alecia, is that..." His voice faded out as he started to see the pictures. The pictures of me, on the locker room floor. You know what else.