THIS IS NOT AN UPDATE!!

Okay, this is not an update but it is an awareness thing.

I want to talk to you about suicide and self-harm.

I want to explain to you guys what it is, what it does, and how it is displayed.

I've read a lot of books where self harm is shown and talked about, like my book. But many portray it as something you do because something bad happens, right after, like, "I couldn't hold myself back, I just had to grab a knife and slice". And that is right, but only partially.

Self harm is more than just doing it because something bad happened.  It's because it's an addiction to some people. It makes them feel better.

Let me expand on this.

Scientifically, when someone cuts their brains release feel good hormones, endorphins. You brain becomes addicted to these hormones, the hormones that make you feel good, happy.

That's why some people do this.

But, I'd also like to go back to the subject of when.

Yes, it may happen immediately, or at least the urge comes. That may be caused by the feeling that you deserve to be hurt or deserve to be in pain. But, most people who self harm wait till the night or when they are completely alone. The urge may come after the day is over, you know, at night when they reflect upon what happened. Some may have had great days yet still want to or need to cut. Some may have had a terrible day and feel more want or need. Either way, I'm saying if happens at different times for everyone.

But normally not like this:

"I just feel so terrible after what happened a few moment ago. I grabbed a knife and just started cutting."

Now, yes, that does happen, but a lot of writers just describe it as a casual thing that happens, no description of the way that the person feels or whatever else. To write self harm you need to make sure the reader understands how they are feeling. Even to see it on a real person.

As well, I'd like to talk about where the cuts are. Everywhere. They can be cut everywhere. Thighs, hands, wrists, neck, face. Some areas are more common then others but it's not only on wrists.

Now, lastly, self harm, suicide, or anything like that, is NOT to be made fun of or joked with. That's will make people more ashamed or depressed of how they feel. It may cause them to hide it and make it more of a risk. Whatever it does, joking around about it is NEVER okay.

Also, I'd like to say, I'm fine currently, do not worry about my mental state.

If I have any information wrong or let anything out PLEASE comment to correct me or add in anything. I want this to be as accurate as possible.

Thank you!! I love you all and a new update will come soon!! Ilyyyy

Also always open to chat if you need to :)