The Surprise

I woke up dreading my last days of school. I got dressed, happily remembering yesterday and the fun with Lincoln.

I skipped makeup today and just grabbed my bag and keys. I ran down the stairs, seeing my mom making eggs.

"Hey honey! I make your favorite." She did, an over-easy egg with some salt and pepper was my favorite. I happily ate them and went outside. I saw Lincoln leaning against my garage door, near where my bike was locked up.

I hopped over to him, and gave him a hug. He hugged me back.

"You are never a morning person, why are you so excited?" He asked, a grin spreading on his face, " I mean, I like it, but why?" I chuckled.

I gave him my signature you-know-what grin.

"OH! AHA!" He screamed," You want to know what the surprise is!".

"Ding, ding, ding!" I yelled back, jumping up, "so, what is it???" I pleaded.

"We have to go to school to find out!" He said, grabbing my keys from my hand.

My face dropped. Lincoln laughed when he saw.

"We have to go to school? Really?! That was your surprise?"

"If you put it that way I guess.." he laughed.

"You suck" I stated. We both then jumped on our bikes and pedaled till we were at the hellhole everyone calls school.

I rode quickly, Lincoln yelling for me to slow down.

"NEVER!!" I yelled back to him. I heard him grunt and sigh.

I giggled to myself and pedaled. I finally saw the school come into view and smiled.

"YEAHHHHH!" I screamed! Throwing my fist in to the air, slowing to a stop.

I heard Lincoln laugh and just before I stopped I felt a hard object hit my shoulder, sending me flying off my bike. I landed with a hard thump onto the cement.

"ALECIA!" I heard Lincoln yell, then I heard the clatter of metal on the ground and heavy foot steps. Brandon and Bailey reached me first.

I felt a sharp pain of something jabbing into my shin. Bailey's high heel.

I yelped in pain, still hearing Lincoln running. I had no idea I was far ahead of him.

Bailey laughed when I grabbed my shin, feeling a liquid pouring out at a slow pace.

Brandon then took his turn to speak,"we saw you were so happy with your body guard. I could stand it. So we simply threw a rock at you to show you where your place is, on the floor with the rest of the dirt." He chuckled with a malicious grin.

Bailey then piped up,  "although, the dirt might get offended we put this waste on space on it. Maybe we just need to dig a hole six feet deep."

I was holding back tears, from pain and from their words. A few seconds later I heard Lincoln get here and I look up. He has a saddened look in his eyes and turns to Brandon and Bailey and the emotion turns to rage.

Lincoln pushed his big hand on Brandon chest, shoving him backwards. Bailey backed up a few steps. "Do you want another beating? Brandon. Or is it your turn? Bailey? He growled. Bailey flashed fear on her face and began to walk toward her group of minions. Brandon stood his ground.

"And what will happen if I don't stop, pretty boy?" Brandon challenged.

"Look, you are an asshole and I don't speak that language so I'll see you later." Lincoln said, backing down. Brandon smirked, thinking he won and walked off.