Eight: Jealousy

"Oya?", the voice on the other side of the call clashed.

"Hello, Bokuto-san, do you have a minute?"

"Hm? Yes, what's up?".

"I've got a question. Do you remember our manager?"

"Oh! [Name]-chan? Of course, she's cute".

"You think so? That's good. Then could you make me a little favour?"

"Oi, Kenma! We're waiting for you!", Kuroo shouted, standing at the bus' door.

It was the first day of the weekend training camp of Nekoma and Fukurodani. The team has already gathered on the school's parking and entered the bus which would take them to the academy.

"I'll write you the details, bye", Kenma said and quickly and rang off.

"Coming", he answered with his usual, bored tone.

[Name] was sitting with Yaku in the same row as Kuroo and Kenma, but on the opposite side.

"Did you think about your feelings towards [Name]?", Kenma asked as the journey lasted.

Even though Kuroo's expression didn't change, his heart jumped up hearing the girl's name.

It was getting alarming. Even the sole though about her made him feel kind of uncomfortable, yet excited.

"She's just hot. That's all", he answered without turning his look away from the window.

The blonde boy peeked at his friend from the corner of his eye.

"Is that how you really feel or how you decided to treat this accident?"

"I-", Kuroo started but paused, "I'm sure I would notice if I loved her".

Kenma stared at him, unconvinced.

"So are you going to do anything if [Name] won't fall out of love with you?", he asked

"I guess I will forget about her. Just to let her be happy", Kuroo murmured, pretending to be unmoved by his friend's question.

Kenma sighed, surrendering.

Both [Name] and Kuroo were too stubborn to make them change their minds.

"I don't think that it will make her happy", he said under his breath, but Kuroo didn't hear that for he was too concentrated on his thoughts about the girl.

"Alright, let's win this one!", Kuroo said as the team was standing in a circle.

"Hey, hey, hey! Are you ready for the resounding defeat?", a loud, cheery voice clashed behind his back.

"I was going to ask you the same question", Kuroo answered with a grim face.

They were standing opposite one another, a net between them.

"Well, how are the things with [Name]?", Bokuto tried to make a conversation. If he was the type to provoke the opponents before the match, he couldn't have aimed better.

"I-it's good as always. Why are you asking all of a sudden?", Kuroo answered with a slight blush.

"Somebody told me that you've rejected her confession", Bokuto said bluntly.

Kenma? Does he even talk with Bokuto?, Kuroo was surprised. As far as he knew, his friend was the only one on the team who knew about the situation between him and [Name].

"Well, yes I did", he replied warily.

"Then you wouldn't mind if I took her from you?"

Kuroo widened his eyes but he didn't say anything.