Delusional Human

[Unrevised. 5 (not 4, oops) Years Old. Prepare for inconsistencies with previous chapters.]

Knowing she'd go insane from just sitting in the village doing nothing and knowing that she'd go mad from just waiting for all the males to return while she racked her brain with worry, she chose to travel back to the waterfall, her own secret place where she was able to think, but as she explored more of the caverns she discovered behind the running waters, the more time seemed to fly without her knowledge, the labyrinth of caves seeming more endless the farther she went. Only when she placed her small hand on the cave wall to steady her steps did she realize how late it had become, her limb not even slightly visible in the pitch black, and only then did she have the strength to feel her way back out from behind the waterfall, just in time to see the first few droplets of rain cascading from the greying skies, as if warning for trouble to come. Yet, she didn't pay it any mind and continued back to the village, not surprised to hear that everyone had been back for a while. What did startle her, however, was Koba's absence between all the apes who were preparing for the night's rest, pulling her towards Caesar and Maurice for answers, who sat on top of the hill, even if only to get halted by the orangutan motioning her towards the huts on the side of the cliff.

She was surprised by Maurice's rash movement, him not even giving her time to reach them, but the fact only made her concern worse, realizing that he, too, must be worried about the ape's strange behavior – everyone knew that Koba never retired for the day until it was absolutely necessary. Her breaths grew loud in her ears, still barely loud enough to be heard over the nervous pounding of her heart, while she rushed down to her home, her pace growing more and more rushed with every passing second. She couldn't imagine him being hurt – she didn't even send him off when they left.

And so, when she stormed into the hut to see the sight of Koba fast asleep, just like the day before, her unease was flattened immediately and escape her body with a relieved sigh as she slumped against the frame next to her. The mere shatter of the anxiety that had built in her body in the few minutes of searching for him was enough to make her fall into the nest, back-first, next to Koba like a joint-less sack of potatoes – though, only a faint grumble and the feeling of a strong arm wrapping around her waist was enough to unwind her tight-knit nerves to the point where she could smile with ease. Too glad she was – he was alright, just tired.

After the sudden drop of stress, she quickly felt herself drifting off to sleep, only able to groan briefly when she felt Koba's grasp tighten around her, his face nuzzling into the side of her neck. "Koba?" She murmured weakly, but only got a tired grunt in return before she felt him snaking through her thick hair and sluggishly nip at her neck, sending a shiver across her shoulders and chest. Wearily, she tilted her head away from him to give more access, only edging him on and making him move over her, his experimental kisses trailing from the side of her neck to her jawline while his hand slid from her side to her hips. Despite her drowsiness, she could feel him unknowingly attempt to kiss like a human, the sentiment sending warmth rushing through her veins, her skin growing hot underneath his chapped and scarred lips. Drawing a faint but pleased groan from her lungs, her nerves tickled underneath his touch as his wrinkly fingers snuck beneath her shirt, his rubbery touch feeling soft from his body heat as he trailed it across her toned stomach, unintentionally following the outline of her muscles, and compelling her to arch into his embrace.

Placing himself between her numbing legs, he snuck another hand beneath her leather clothing, the sound of her shallow breaths echoing in his eager ears while he pressed his large body flush on top of her small frame, his own pleasure pushing him forward as his kisses grew more eager.

His tender touches and slow caress burned Haley's skin like fire, her tired mind slipping from its slight sleep to a cordial and hormonal daze that silenced the sound of the drizzling rain on their makeshift roof, a faint moan slipping pass her lips when his hands massaged her sides gently. "Koba." She breathed in bliss, forcing her eyes to creak open so she could gaze down at him, though barely a blurred image of his silhouette pierced pass her lashes. Barely notable, she saw his image clear up, but before it had the chance to finish, a face suddenly glided into her vision, her body instantly stiffening at the sight. Oddly human and bright green eyes peered down at her with a painful fondness flickering in their depths, dull lips sending a loving and apish smile down at her and erasing most of the creases around those caring eyes – it was the only face she could place with those tender touches, but she instantly knew that it was not him who was touching her, forcing her eyes to widen before she suddenly screamed a single word beyond her control, "Stop!"