Chapter 8: Professional

Rachel arrived home to find Kurt and Mercedes in their usual spots, Mercedes was studying for her Final and Kurt was reading the latest Chuck Palahniuk paperback.

"Kurt, prepare to worship me even more than I'm sure you already do," Rachel said tossing her keys onto the in-table.

"Why?" Kurt said, not looking up from his book.

"Finn agreed to meet you, he just has to get his assistant to check his schedule."

"Are you kidding? Because if you're kidding I can't be held accountable for what I'll do to you," Kurt said excitedly.

"Nope, not Kidding" Rachel said, barely able to get the words out before Kurt wrapped her in a crushing hug.

"I'm going to go find the perfect outfit and then I'm going to erect a Jewish community center in your honor," Kurt said before retreating to his room.

"So I'm guessing work went well," Mercedes said, not looking up from her task of highlighting passages in her law book.

"Finn is so nice, I can't believe I misjudged him so harshly. When I inevitably make it big in the music industry I'll be sure to live by his example. It's so important to be gracious towards your fans."

"Rachel, I'm going to ask you a question and promise not to get offended, but are you out of your mind?"

"Excuse me?"

"Don't act like you don't know," Mercedes said. "You have a thing for your boss, your movie star boss."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Rachel said unconvincingly.

"Mmm hmm, just be careful. We're talking about a guy who goes through hot little starlets like most people go through underwear, and I don't think any of us want to go through St. James the sequel. Make sure your heart is safe."

"My heart is behind an electrified fence with rabid dobermans and armed guards out front," Rachel said. "He's a great boss, but his rendezvous with so-called hot little starlets are of no consequence to me," she continued, not meaning a single word.

"Okay," Mercedes said, still looking skeptical. "Well, back to cramming." She grabbed her books off of the table and disappeared into her room.

Rachel knew that Mercedes had a point. Finn was a star, and just because he was nice to her didn't mean he was the least bit interested in her. Still she couldn't help thinking about him all the time and counting the minutes until the next time she would get to see him. It made it difficult to remain professional, but by some miracle he still seemed to like having her around, it couldn't have just been her impeccable driving… right?

"So, I'm shooting a commercial at the Getty sculpture garden on Wednesday, did you want to bring Kurt by at around ten?" Finn said as Rachel made her way through the heavy traffic. Finn was attending a wedding in San Diego that day which meant a very long drive, and Tina and Puck were nowhere in sight which meant Rachel would have to do everything in her power to keep her giddiness under control, and little did she know, so would Finn.

"That sounds great, so can I ask whose wedding you're attending? Kurt hasn't said anything about any celebrity weddings coming up, and Hollywood gossip is like crack to him so I know if there were than he would know."

"No, it's not a celebrity, it's my cousin Danny."

"Oh," she said, secretly wondering why he needed a limo to attend his cousin's wedding. Unbeknownst to her, Finn tried to resist the urge to call on Rachel for every little job, but it was exceedingly hard. It was difficult enough not thinking about her before his poorly timed sex dream but now it was damn near impossible. It had gotten to the point where he had strongly considered calling her to drive him to his last dentist appointment.