Chapter 9

Chapter 9-
BRAIDENS POV-

We have been sitting here for a hour or so. And Caden hasn't woken up yet. Toby is holding one hand and Connor is holding the other. Me, Thomas, and Riley are sitting on her bed.

"When will she wake up?" Toby asked. Poor kid going through a lot right now. Never really saw him cry sad tears before. Well I have but not much.

"She will wake up soon I promise." Riley said to him.

"I just wan-" he said and stopped. "Caden?" He said. Just then Caden's eyes started to open. When they were fully opened she looked at us and smiled. Connor, Riley, and Toby all hugged her and me and Thomas just held back.

"Braiden! Thomas!" Caden said. And we hugged her to.

After a while a doctor came in and ask for Connor to go sign papers. So Toby went and helped Caden get into her shorts and tee shirt we brought her. After she was done Toby came out carrying her and a nurse came in with a wheelchair for Caden. But Riley being his clownly self seat in it. But Toby just put Caden in his lap. And the nurse laughed. And started pushing them.

"Got first class. Losers." Riley said.

"I am about to make you push your self." The nurse said. And Riley shut up quickly. We had past the front desk where Connor was signing papers and Nicole was standing writing stuff down.

"Bye Niki." Caden said.

"Bye Caden. Get better soon." She said and hugged her. Toby might get jelly over this. Haha. Just then Caden grabbed Nicole's hand and whispered something in her ear. She walked over to Toby. "Bye Toby. See you at school." She said. He smiled at her.

"Bye n-nicole. You to." He said.

Connor finally got done and we were ready to leave. "How did they like your sloppy handwriting Connie?" Thomas asked.

"Haha. Very funny." Connor said slapping him upside his head.

"Ouch."

"You deserved it." Connor laughed.

We got in 2 cars and headed back to the McDonough house. When we got there their parents were home. Toby carried her in and went to the living room.

TOBY'S POV-

I walk in with Caden in my arms. I don't know why but its like she was meant to be in this family. But wasn't born in it. Right when I walk in mom and dad walk up to me.

" are you okay Caden?" Mom asked.

"Yeah." She said.

"That's good." Mom said.

"Who did this now." Dad asked.

"The reason she was at the hospital was because of Nic. But the leg surgery was because of her real parents.." I said.

"Oh. Why would they hurt you?" He asked Caden.

"I don't know it has been like that as long as I can remember." She said and was about to cry. I kind of hugged her to help her not cry.

"Well how about you go get some rest. Toby will you stay with her?" Mom asked.

"Okay." I said and went down the hall into her bed room and layer her down and laid next to her. And we both fell asleep.