Chapter 9

Here's the next chapter as we promised!!

Enjoy x,

S&S 

Chapter 9

Claire

“Mom did you empty my trash can?” I asked as I walked towards my parents’ room.

“Yea I emptied yours and Nora’s into one bag with the trash in the kitchen. They both were overflowing. Why?” she asked.

“No reason” I replied as I followed Nora downstairs.

Nora started looking through the trash can, and I helped. But we had no luck. After making a huge mess the scrap paper was nowhere to be found. “What are you guys doing? Why did you make a huge mess?” my mom asked walking into the kitchen.

“We will clean it sorry I thought I lost something in the trash,” I said.

“Okay clean this up after you’re done,” she said.

Nora and I cleaned up the mess and wondered where the scrap went. “I can’t believe you threw out Harry’s number,” Nora said as she slumped onto the kitchen stool.

“For all we know it isn’t his number so forget about it,” I replied.

“Ugh I’m going to call Madison,” Nora said.

“Don’t tell her what happened please,” I said.

“Fine,” Nora said as she walked up the stairs. I took the trash from the kitchen to the garbage can outside and then went to take a shower.

After showering I went to my room and started packing stuff I needed to take back to college. I picked up my dirty clothes and tossed them in the washer and packed my books. I looked at the trash can wondering where the paper could’ve gone. I walked over to the can and started looking around it and couldn’t find anything. I picked up the can and looked under and found a crumpled up paper. I opened it to see the phone number and the words “Call me, Harry x.” It was here all along I thought laughing.

I decided not to tell Nora and placed the number safely inside my wallet and placed it inside my purse to take to collage. After what Nora said I got really excited thinking it was Harry’s number but I don’t want to call and find out yet what if it isn’t I would feel let down and I couldn’t handle that today.    

__

The next day after lunch I said bye to my parents and got all my bags and got in the car to head back to NJ. Once I arrived at my dorm I went to my room. I had a single room so I didn’t have to share with a roommate and that was good because I liked my privacy. I unpacked straight away and hung up my clothes and placed my books on my shelf. Afterward I sat down to catch up on my reading and before I knew it was late and I was hungry. I called the nearest Chinese place and ordered take out. I went downstairs to get the take out and returned to my room to eat.

After I was done I took out my wallet to put away my change when I saw the scrap of paper. I took it out and stared at it. My phone was right next to me and I decided I might as well call the number and see if it’s real. I picked up my cell phone and set it up so it blocked my number and then I began to dial Harry’s number. I couldn’t believe I was doing this what would I say if someone picked up. The phone started ringing and my heart beat quickened and my palms started sweating. It rang again and I thought what should I say. It rang a third time and I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Maybe no one will answer I thought. It rang again a fourth time and I decided no one will answer and was about to end the call when I heard someone pick up.

“Hello?” said a male voice in a British accent.