[ChanSaw/McDuke] "Best Friend" :SongFic: (SFW)

NOTE: This was done after not writing for a while and in a short span of time. I just wanted to get something out that was going through my head so I could get back into the flow, so this may not be good at all, heh.

   "So, is Chandler more than a friend?" Heather asked, approaching Veronica.

   "W-what do you mean?" She stuttered, they're secret couldn't have gotten out this fast, they never did anything in public besides the occasional hushed flirting.

   "Like is she a pretty good friend?" she started, "or a really good friend?"

   'What does she even mean by that?', "Oh, I don't know."

   Heather Duke stepped closer, "Well, don't you wanna know what you are to eachother?"

   'Well yeah', "I'd love too." 'I've wondered for a while now.'

   Duke smirked slightly, "I think Chandler is your best friend, and you just don't know it. Anything is possible!" She paused, "We're gunna get to the bottom of this." Heather then took Veronicas hand and pulled her down the hallway.

   Passing all the lockers and class rooms Heather looked up, asking "Is she someone you can count on always and forever, does she leave you feeling swell?"

   'Defenitly', "Yeah, I guess."

   "Someone you can whisper every private secret, knowing she would never tell?"

   "Yes, that one for sure…" Veronica responded, remembering when her Heather Chandler had asked her out.

   Duke's eyes shined as she went on, "Well it sounds a lot like you have found the person–"

   Something in Veronica snapped and she couldn't hold on to her thoughts, "That I’d walk through fire for and keep on going!"

   "Oh, wow, okay."

   "Oh! Sorry." She hadn't ment for that to be said outloud.

   A small laugh came from the shprter girl, "Why? You wanna shout it out, go on and shout about the way she makes you feel inside… How everything’s better with a very best friend; standing true together gets you through whatever. Days are red letter when they’re spent with a friend!"

   Duke poked at Ronn's side to the beat as she listed the first few letters of the word in question, "B-E-S-T-"

   "-F-R-I-E-N-D."

   Veronica just started to notice how cheery Duke was today as she sang, "Hang a heart over the I! Life is just better with a best friend! Na na na na na!"

   'Just play along', "Na na na na na!"

   "Na na na na na!" Duke nudged Veronica.

   "Please stop! Please stop!" 'Jesus Heather Duke is way more out of her usual self today than I thought.'

  "Okay, Okay." Fortunately to Veronica, Duke stepped away.

   "Um, so who’s your best friend?"

   "Heather McNamara!" Ofcorse, "I tell her everything. We’re really close, I think cause were" The both came to a stop as Duke raised to whisper in her ear, "adopted!"

   Veronica stepped away, "I know. I've known you guys since 5th grade."

   "Oh, right." Duke seemed to blush at that. "Plus, we spend a lot of time together cause we're always in detention, or 'some time alone' as Mac and I like to call it."

   'Thats an interesting thing to call it.'

   Veronica began looking down at the tiled floor as they started their walking again, "Do you really feel like anything’s possible?"

   "Well, with a best friend, sure!
Someone you can lean on–" Duke leaned over, resting gently on Veronica's side as they walked.

    "-someone who could love you, even if you don’t know why." Yeah, Heather Chandler of all people, with a nerd like Veronica Sawyer.

   "I hear you."

   "Do you?" She doubted her and Mac were in anything other than a close friendship, but it was also possible they kept things on a downlow aswell.

   "Someone to look up to–" 'quite litterally in your case Heather.'

   "-kind of like a soulmate, all-around a perfect girl." It was true, Heather Chandler was the defenition of 'Perfect' all while not being perfect at all.

   "You’re really getting this!"

   "A girl to make it with!" Oh was Veronica happy she had.

   "A friend to bake with!"

   'Duke and McNamara bake together?'

   "Gonna get buck naked– OH! Um, best friends do it in Sweden!" Nice save there, Veronica.

   "Oh, I didn’t know that!" Duke was oblivious.

   "It’s the greatest thing, you wanna stand and sing,
you know you want to tell the world…"

   This time they spoke together, "everything’s better with a very best friend, staying true together gets you through forever. Days are red letter, when they’re spent with a friend!"

   Veronica found herself getting into the rythem, "G-I-R-L-F-R-"

   "what?"

   "I-E-N-D" Shit I messed up! "Oh! I’m such a terrible speller!"

   "Oh, me too!"

   'Well that's a lie, Duke's the best in our grade'

   The both of them went on, "Best friends get you through!"

   "To days when your doubt hits!" Veronica started.

   "To make all your outfits!"

   McNamara was always good at creating and crafting the best clothing, no wonder Heather had an endless supply of new cloths for each day.

   "To chase away monsters!"

   "To help explain Kwanzaa..."

   "…embracing the feeling and maybe revealing…"

   "She’s my whole world!"

   You could say that.

    "She’s my whole world!" Veronica joined in.

    I guess I can try and break the word to her someday, "She’s my best friend… my best friend!

   End Note: This has been slightly edited so if you'veread this before? I hope it'sa bit better.