Chapter Thirteen: Just My Luck

Emma's P.O.V.
"I love you so much, Josephine." Alex hugged me tightly. "I...I love you, too." I hugged him back hesitantly. "Awe....you two are so sweet. You are so much like your parents." Sabine smiled. Smiling back, I let go and looked at Alex. "Josie, are you willing to meet my parents? They've been waiting to meet you for a while now and it would be nice for them to finally meet you and tell them the news." His gaze was soft, but curious.

"Of course I am. I would love to be able to meet them." I smiled brightly. "Really?! Let's go then! We will be back before six!" Alex ran out of the house, dragging me behind him. "We don't live that far away, so we can run and it won't take that long." He smiled back at me. We arrived a little faster than I thought we would though.

"Oh wow...please tell me your parents will be okay with me." My hands began to shake. "You'll be fine. They'll love you just as I do." His voice and smile immediately calmed me down as we went to walk inside. The house was beautiful. Small, but beautiful. The décor was amazing and up to date on all the latest fashion styles and colors.

Noticing a few Ladybug and Chat Noir posters, I let out a silent chuckle. If only they knew that their son was dating, well, now engaged, to Ladybug. However, the posters did jog my memory of what I needed to do this weekend. I definitely need to make some cookies for Tikki. My supply is running a little low... I thought with a silent sigh.

"Alex? Is that you?" I heard a woman's voice call from a distance. (A/N. That sounded so creepy once I read that over again...yeesh.) "Yes, mom. It's me. I brought Josephine with me, too. We have something to tell you." Alex glanced at me with a smile. "Is Josephine that transfer student from China that you met a few years ago?" I heard a man's voice ask from a little farther away than the woman's.

"Yes, dad. That would be her." I could have sworn I saw him roll his eyes a little as he replied to his father. Chuckling quietly, I smiled. As awkward as this was, it was rather amusing to see Alex so annoyed with his parents. "Are you alright?" I dropped my voice to a hushed whisper. He only nodded before his mother and father walked out together, holding hands.

"Hi, Josephine. It's nice to meet you. I'm Alya and this is my husband Nino." His mother smiled kindly. She looked rather familiar. "Hello, Madame. Hello, Monsieur . It is a pleasure to meet you. I feel as though I have seen you both somewhere before, however." I looked at them both closely. "Who are your parents, dear? Maybe we know them." His father gave a curious smile.

"Would you mind if I told you in private?" My voice rose about an octive and a half. Crap, I'm too nervous. I shouldn't act this nervous. Calm down and focus on the task at hand. I mentally slapped myself. "Sure. Come in the living room. Alex, stay here and don't listen." His mother gave a soft but stern smile. As we walked into the living room, my curiousity of who they were grew.

"My mother's name is Marinette and my father's name is Adrien." I sighed quietly. "As in Marinette and Adrien Agreste? The king and queen of China?" Alex's father fought to keep his voice down. "Yes." A sigh escaped my lips once again. "So you're their daughter...Princess Emma Agreste." Alex's mother smiled brightly. "Yes, ma'am." I nodded.

"Well then. Your parents were good friends of ours back in high school. Sadly, we had to leave China due to an emergancy shortly before you were born, so we never got to meet you." His mother gave a soft and sad smile. "I am sorry to hear that.." I bowed my head slightly. "It's alright dear. Now, what did you two have to tell us?" His father cheered up almost too quickly.

"Ah, yes. Alex has asked me to become his betrothed." I looked between both of them quickly. Staying silent for a moment, I let the suspense build up between them. "Well?" His mother looked like she was about to fall over from leaning closer. "I have graciously accepted your son's proposal to become his betrothed." I smiled brightly.

"Congratulations! What a wonderful day today is!" His father scooped me up into his tight embrace. "Yes, it certainly is." I smiled as he released me. "I guess this means that you can call us mom and dad. If you want to of course! I won't force that upon you!" His mother held up her hands. "Thank you...mom." My smile brightened as her whole face lit up with happiness and excitement.