How to save a life

Once lunch ended and rest hour started Hayley waited by the lodges for Maria to return. She had brought her cousin who caught the fish, Jordana (Me :3), with her and another friend, Lizzie, for no apparent reason. When Maria returned to the lodges she saw them "hey guys! What's up?" She asked them. Maria was an AJC so she slept in the lodges. That's why they knew she'd come to the lodge for rest hour. Hayley pulled the cat out from her coat where she'd been keeping it warm and showed Maria the paw "I found this poor cat wandering around by the night activity room. It had this fish hook in its paw when I found it and I was wondering if you would be able to get the fish hook out since you got the one out of the fish Jorde caught (A/N in case you didn't know Jorde is one of my nicknames)" Hayley said. Maria took a look and walked towards the door to the lodge motioning for them to follow her inside so Hayley and Jordana followed her inside and told Lizzie to head back to wherever and enjoy rest hour so she left, still worried about the cat. Once they were inside Maria said to Hayley and Jordana "I can get the hook out but it's really infected. We'll need to get the cat straight to the vet right after I get it out". Jordana and Hayley nodded and Maria smiled "great understanding. Now I'm gonna need to get some things from the doctors lodge so just wait here" she said. Maria told Jordana and Hayley to wait in the lounge area and she ran to the doctors lodge to grab a bandage for after. They were in lodge 1 and the doctor was in lodge 3 so she had to go a bit far and it took her around 5 minutes but eventually she returned with the bandage and took the cat gently from Hayley's arms and placed it on its side on the small sort of coffee table in the lounge. Maria then said in a calm voice to the cat, yes the cat, "this may hurt a bit but please cooperate or else you might make it worse". Maria then asked Jordana and Hayley to hold the car down and keep its leg from moving which they immediately did. Maria then said "prepare for a bit of cat screams" and started taking out the hook. The cat actually seemed to be pretty calm as if she knew why she was in pain and it was worth it. The cat, who was female, didn't squirm, didn't kick, didn't even scream. It only whimpered occasionally and flinched sometimes. Maria got the fish hook out really quick and then put on the anti-perspirant which stung a little then put on the bandage. "That infection is worse then I thought. We have to get to a vet NOW!!!" Maria said. Jordana and Hayley nodded and took the cat to quickly find one of the head counsellors, Surelle (Pronunced Sarala) or Gitty, to convince them to take them into town.
----------------------------------------------
Wow this is the first book that I'll actually have and end too XD
-Jordana