Goodbye Love

After they saved Pineapple they headed back to Jordana's cabin so she could change out of her wet and dirty clothes. They then headed back to Hayley's cabin to check on Nutmeg and so Hayley could change as well. While Hayley was in the washroom Nutmeg woke up, so Jordana started lightly stroking her as she was weaker and could barely even get up or clean herself. Jordana teared up a little as Hayley came back from changing. Jordana looked at Hayley then back at Nutmeg "I don't think she's gonna last much longer..." she said as she looked at the small, fragile cat who just layed there staring back at Jordana as best that she could and kept stroking petting her gently. Just then, Hayley's counselor came back "Rest hour is over!" She said "We aren't leaving Nutmeg" Jordana snapped at Hayley's counselor "If you don't come I'm telling Rivky Coffer" her counselor said back "So do it. We don't care" Jordana snapped back at her. The counselor scowled and left, the door slamming behind her. Hayley and Jordana stayed by Nutmeg, caring for her, petting her, giving her snacks, helping her drink water, and making sure she was comfortable. 20 minutes after Hayley's counselor left Nutmeg nuzzled against their hands and gave them both a kiss/lick on the hand and lay back down and closed her eyes her chest still slowly rising and falling and as theywere pettng her it stopped. Nutmeg was gone. Tears welled up in the two girls eyes as they held the lifeless kitten close. She was still warm but her nice cool, light breath couldn't be felt anymore. Jordana had tears running down her face and Hayley was sobbing as she held Nutmeg close. Jordana stood up and put a hand on Hayley's shoulder "We should have a proper burial for Nutmeg..." She said and Hayley nodded and stood up and they walked out to the rest of the camp. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here's the chapter finally! Sorry it took forever and it's so short but someone was getting impatient but I'm not gonna name names

-Jordana