Rule 1: Whatever you do, don't Awaken him

Rule 1: Whatever you do, don't awaken him.

The first rule she had broken. The most important rule of them all and she had to just break it. It was clearly underlined twice and written in bold crimson blood on a piece of paper more ancient than she. As the phrase goes. Curiosity killed the cat. That can sometimes be very true especially in this situation. Amelia was the cat and she had found herself in a mess as usual.

She had grown bored with staring at her bedroom walls all day so she had to go an venture around the mansion that she called home. Oh, the walls were filled with so many stories that a novel could be made from it. Lavish balls, the people. The affairs. This place was screaming with stories to be told. Her father Lucius had lived to see them all and only told his daughter a few handfuls of them. She had to beg him of course, but daddy's little princess always got her way in the end.

Most of the time.

You see, Amelia lived amongst a clan of vampires. The clan was run by her father and it was named The Ambrogio. The first ever vampire clan to be formed, and the first clan to be feared by many.

Red painted Fingernails ran down the outdated wallpaper of the hallway as the sound of feet echoed throughout it. Amelia hummed a little tune her mother used to sing to her when she was little. She had passed her fathers study seeing that it was empty. Her eyebrows furrowed together curious to where he could be. Though her mind was set on exploring the places her father forbids her to go. For instance, The Cellar.

No one dares to venture down into the cellar. For what lies down there is nothing but yet a mystery beckoning to be solved. Amelia was set on finding out what was down there and she would make sure nothing was going to be on her way to stop her.

"Here we are" The words slipped out from her mouth slowly as she stared down at the cellar floor. It was of course locked, but she knew where the key was hidden. She quickly went to go retrieve it from its hiding place and opened the cellar. ascending down to the darkness.

She grabbed a torch that rested on the wall so she could light her way. It was quiet, damp and different sounds echoed throughout it. No ones have truly been down here for ages. Amelia was starting to become a bit uncertain of the adventure she so desperately wanted embark on now. There was no turning back now. She had to keep moving forward.

After walking a few distances she found herself approaching a black coffin carved with gold initials in the middle of it. Amelia had gone to set down her torch onto the stone wall and went to open the casket slowly. Dust flying off from it as she did. What was in the coffin made her rethink of coming down the cellar. Maybe she should haven't let her curiosity get the best of her.

It was a man who had laid in the coffin. His hands crossed over his chest in an X formation. His face looked sunken in a zombie-like way. It looked like he had been dead for centuries. Even before Amelia was born. She looked at the man with curiosity hinting at the glimpse of her emerald green eyes. There was a necklace more so of a pendant that laid upon his chest. It had hues of orange and amber swirling about the inside of it. When she went to touch it she could feel the grip of icy death hold onto her hand. She could feel her heart start to race immediately as she could have sworn this man to be dead.

Though of course, she was wrong.

"Let go of me," She said in a struggled tone as she tried to pry her way out from the man's tight grip.

"Hello Dove" A deep and hoarse voice had spoken and it had belonged to him. Amelia's eyes widened as he spoke. His eyes opened. Pale blues stared up at her as she tried to process what was going on at this very moment.