16 ~ Father and Son

Minato POV
As I opened the door, what I saw shocked me. It was Naruto on the bed....but he didn't look ok.

He had like 20 tubes coming in and out of his body. He had an oxygen mask on his face to help him breathe. Almost his whole body was covered in bandages.

What have I done. This has been happening for so long and I didn't even know.

How has he even been doing missions. Even though he has been doing D rank missions, it could have still injured him more. I'm such an idiot.

From now on I am going to take care of him way more than I used to. I want to change. I know I can change for the better. Now all I have to do is get Naruto to believe that I will.

Naruto POV
As I open my eyes, I can see the cage that Kurama is kept in. But something was different. The seal that Granny Tsunade our onto the gate so that he doesn't taunt me has been ripped off.

I'm going to be doomed. Now he's gonna talk to me again. Why did this have to happen.

As he went to open his mouth to say something, a bright light appeared above me. It looked so welcoming. So I decided to crawl through it, leading me into complete darkness again.

Tsunade POV
As we walked into the room, Minato gasped before running and taking a seat next to Naruto. I walked up next to him and put my hand on his shoulder, reassuring him that everything was going to be ok.

Then I began to check all of Naruto's wires, making sure that he is getting all he needs to stay healthy and alive. As I readjusted the oxygen mask on his head, he started to whimper.

He was waking up. This was like a miracle. After being beat up like he was and going through surgery, he shouldn't have gotten up for another couple of days. But I guess I'm not complaining. I think that his is what Minato wants and needs right now.

As Naruto's eyes fluttered open, I could see that they were filled with both worry and relief at the same time. He tried to move his arm but then flinched. I assume that pain just shot through his body.

Naruto POV (Sorry that I keep changing it)
As I opened my eyes again, I saw a bright lighting tried to move my arm to cover my eyes but pain shot through my body, making me regret it. I looked to my left to see someone sitting in a chair nest to me. Was that the Hokage?! I blinked again and it didn't change. It really was him. What does he want.

I tried to talk but my throat was killing me. Minato stood up and went into the bathroom. He came back a few seconds later with a cup of water. Granny Tsunade gave him a nod as he lifted the oxygen mask off my head and put the cup near my mouth.

"Come On Naruto, drink up. It will make you feel better." He said. I opened my mouth and he put some of the water in my mouth. As I swallowed I started to talk.

"Hokage, why are you here? Why now? You haven't been with me for my whole life and now you start to pay attention! Why just why!" By the end I was yelling. Why, because I was furious! Why does he care now. I could see that me yelling at him hurt him. I could see it in his eyes.

"Naruto, you don't even know how bad I feel right now. Tsunade has told me everything that has happened over the past years and i feel guilty as hell. I don't know why I did all those things but I did and I shouldn't have. I'm so so so sorry. I know that you probably will never be able to forgive me and I will understand whatever your choice is. I just want you to know that whenever you need anything from now on, I will always be here to help." By this point, Minato was sobbing.

I want to trust him again, but what if he forgets again. I don't want to go through that pain again. But part of me thinks that this time he won't forget, he will stand by me, he will change. I look up at him and try to grab his hand. I think he sees that it was hurting me so he sat down and grabbed my hand. "Dad, I believe you. It might take me a while to get use to you again, but I will forgive you slowly but surely."

He looked at me with tears in his eyes and gave me a massive hug. It felt so warm, so comforting, so.......loving!

"Naruto, as soon as we get you healed and out of the hospital, I will take you to Ichiraku! It can be a celebratory treat! I can't wait to spend more time with you!" He said as he pulled away from the hug. I looked to my right to see Granny Tsunade, Kakashi, Pervy Sage and Sakura in tears. The Sasuke had a straight face......duh.

Finally, things are taking a turn for the good.

Time Skip 1 Week

It's been one week since my father came to his senses and realised what has been happening. Every day whenever he was on a break or had finished for the day, he would come by the hospital to see how I was doing. Today I finally got to leave so he took the day off to spend time with me. The first thing we did was go to Ichiraku for Ramen! Once we were there all we did was talk and talk and talk.

Once we finished there, we decided to head home, which was one of the things I really didn't want to do. as we were walking down the streets, my dad took my hand for comfort. But that wasn't the only thing. I knew that he could hear what the villagers were saying.

"What has the demon done to our precious Hokage?"

"The Hokage is being minipulated!"

"What is the Hokage doing with that peice of trash?!"

And worst of all

"We should have just killed the demon when we had the chance. Now he has dragged the most powerful ninja in the village to his side."

I knew it, my dad was mad. He picked me up and hirashinned home. More specifically, the lounge room, where my whole 'family' was. Kushina looked up at Minato with a confused look.

"What are you doing with the demon?" She said

End.....

Ok so I am so happy to say that this chapter is over 1000 words!! Yay me! Well anyway, I'm going to try and bring out more chapters more frequently from now on.

Well anyway, see you in the next chapter!!