Chapter 5 - PART ONE

AUTHORS NOTE:

Hey guys, sorry this has taken so long to upload! Things have been very busy and I’ve had problem after problem with my laptop. But it’s done now so please read and enjoy!

This is a very exciting chapter and I hope you all like it :)

And a big e-hug to my dear co-writer, Xach for putting up with me :P

COMMENT, VOTE, FAN!

-      Kelly :) x

CHAPTER 5

PART ONE

I moaned as the tapping sun-light beamed against my face, warming me.

I wondered how long I'd been sleeping.

I blinked, shut my eyes, and blinked again.

My mind is fuzzy, the last remnants of a dream being chased away by the realization that I am awake again. It was a nice dream, something about sitting in a big oak tree in meadow full of flowers but the details are fading fast even as I try to recall them. With a mental sigh I allow my brain to focus and cautiously open one eye. The bright spring sunlight cuts the room in half and I see dust-motes dancing in the wall of light. I pull the duvet up over my head to keep it out. I tried closing my eyes again. What had happened yesterday was something I didn’t want to deal with today. Thoughts bit away at my brain, forbidding me to go back to sleep.

It's not going to work; my brain is awake now and already worrying about the evening before. Great.

I rubbed sleep from my eyes and combed my fingers through my hair; untangling the morning knots from my long brunette mess. And opened my eyes widely; gazing around the sun bathed room.

I rubbed my eyes again, and glanced at the black smudges on the back of my hand from the run mascara that inhabited my tear stained cheeks.

The sunlight bathed my skin as I lay on my side, simply staring at the floor.

I stretched out and then relaxed my muscles before pulling myself in an upright position.

I yawned again and ruffled my hair before stretching again.

I turned to look at my small alarm clock; its bright red numbers rapidly blinked 12:05.

My eyes widened to an unnatural size before jumping to my feet in alarm.

Oh my gosh! I slept for that long?

I gotta get the house ready! Mum and dad should be here soon…

I quickly threw the duvet in the air; forcing it to lay in a tidy fashion. I quickly patted it down before sorting my pillows and throwing all the cushions on top.

My eyes bounced around the room in search for imperfections.

My parents had always been neat freaks and incredibly obnoxious about it.

I raced about my room as my recessive OCD kicked in; Inherited from none other than my parents of course!

After I had straightened every crease and lined up every ornament I moved abruptly to the rest of the house; scrubbing, vacuuming and polishing.

Not a speck of dust would go un-dusted.

As I vigorously cleansed the house of any signs of human presence I couldn’t help but think of that picture.

What significance did it withhold? Was it coincidence? Or was it just another unsolved mystery to this twisted nightmare?

I clutched my fore-head as it thumped and throbbed in agony.