{11} The Final Day

•Edited on 11/9/17

Kami's POV

Morning came and so did the games. Our team had to wait to be introduced since we were in first place. The teams roster had changed for the last day since Lucy had been captured the night before.

Instead of Natsu standing next to me, my water mage cousin, Juvia was there. We held hands as we waited. I had told her what Sting had said and what Chandler had said during the night. She stayed close to me ever since.

As we waited, I fiddled with the hem of my shirt. I stuck with my crop top look, but replaced the normal purple one with a black one. I had the swords strapped tightly on my back. I wore black jeans with a purple belt, purple ankle boots with blue heels, and a large blue-black jacket over it all. (Outfit below)

"And in second place, Sabertooth!" Chapati announced them and they came out; no smiles or waves to the crowd

"And in second place, Sabertooth!" Chapati announced them and they came out; no smiles or waves to the crowd. Sting just looked down and away from everyone, Chandler looked straight forward over Minerva's head.

"Finally, in first place; Fairy Tail!" We all walked out and stood tall, ready to face our opponents.

TIMESKIP

Gray vs. Rufus. I'm supposed to go against Chandler soon, according to Master Mavis. I walked around, just waiting for him. No draw this time.

"Kami...?" I heard a familiar voice say from a nearby ally. "Sting..." I found him sitting against the wall of a building. I slid my back down the wall and sat next to him. "How are you?" I asked him. He shrugged. "I just want to see Lector again." He sighed sadly. "And you will. No matter what." I comforted him.

I leaned my head down on his shoulder and smiled a little. "Hey, can I ask you something?" I ask him.

"Sure. What's up?" He said.

"Rogue and Delaney. Thoughts?" I asked.

"You mean like...them...together."

"Yeah. Do you ship it?"

"Well, Rogue's had a crush on Delaney for years." Sting said.

"And Delaney doesn't look through him with soul-sucking hatred and irritation." I pointed out. He nodded. "Yeah, I do. You?" "Of course. Delaney needs love." I said and he chuckled.

I looked at the nearby lacrimatron and saw that Gray had gotten the upper hand on Rufus, which meant that it was almost time to make my move.

"Sting, I have to go fight now. Okay?" I said softly. "Okay." He said. I stood up and straightened the swords. "Hey," Sting said as I turned to leave. "Be careful, Kami." I nodded. "I will. I love you." He smiled. "I love you too."

I took off running down the street. I kept an eye on the lacrimatron so that I would know when to move.

When I saw Gray defeat Rufus, it was one of the best feelings ever. Fairy Tail was one step closer to getting our title back.