Chapter V

(Shawn's POV)
My alarm went on at about 5:00 am cause I always went for my morning run so I put some sweats on and a shirt on , then I head to the bathroom to wash my face and then I put my sneakers on.

I go down the stairs to grab a water bottle from the fridge then I head outside of my house, I take out my phone to connect the earbuds on I put hem on and then I click on my morning playlist. I put my phone in my pocket and start jogging towards the park.

I finally get to the park and start going a little faster, the song that was on I didn't really like so I got my phone out of my pocket, still jogging, and started looking for a song I liked. A few moments later I find myself bumping into something, and then I realized it was a someone after I hear a wince . "Oh my god I am so so-" after I look up and see it was Jaiden!.

"Shawn!?" She asked confused and in pain "omg Jaiden ! I am so so sorry are you okay?" I asked her, I felt really bad
"I don't thinks so, my ankle hurts a lot, I think it's broken" she said to me with what seemed a lot of pain in her voice. "I am so incredibly sorry you have no idea, here  give me your hand I'll drive you to the hospital".

I got up of the floor and reached for her hand as she was standing up, I picked her up the floor and carried her to my house I told her to sit down on the steps while I go and get my car keys.

"Wait Shawn !" She called me, as I turned around " do you think you can...um..let me a shirt of yours?" She asked embarrassed "of course, I'll be back, just stay here." I told her, then realized how stupid that sounded. "Well I can't really go anywhere can I ?""she asked laughing at my comment. So I just turned around an laughed.

I entered my house going upstairs to my room to grab a clean shirt, trying not to make noise since my family was still asleep. Then I go back down grabbing my car keys and heading out the door.

"Okay here you go" I tell her handing her the shirt "thanks" she puts the shirt on and then she gives me her hand for me to help her get in the car. "Thank you seriously you don't have to do this for me" she said with a smile on her face "'are you serious? This happened because of me in the first place so YES I DO" I said to her, I was really scared something was going to happen.

"Shawn its fine, you don't have to worry about it " "YES I DO !" I replied,to her almost screaming, I was so worried.

(Jaiden's POV)
I noticed Shawn was freaking out about the situation so after he yelled at me I took his hands in mine "Shawn I need you to listen to me...I'm fine okay ? So just start the car and calm down, calm down take a deep breath" I say to him in a really calm state so he listens to me and takes a deep breath.

"Better?" I ask him "better" he smiled sadly.

He starts the car, and he handles me the aux, " do you want to put something?" He asks me still sad " yeah" so I plug the cable in and  put my favorite song at the moment which was Mama by Jonas Blue. When the chorus started  I start singing really loud not caring if Shawn listens to my horrible singing.

Hey mama don't stress your mind
Were coming home tonight
Hey mama we're gonna be alright
Dry those eyes
Well back in the morning
When sun starts to rise
So mam don't stress your mind
So mama don't stress your mind

I scream the lyrics as I turn to my left to see Shawn a little more relaxed " come on! Sing!" I tell him all pumped up by the song so he starts screaming the lyrics with me as the chorus comes on again

Hey mama don't stress your mind
Were coming home tonight
Hey mama we're gonna be alright
Dry those eyes
Well back in the morning
When sun starts to rise
So mam don't stress your mind
So mama don't stress your mind

The song finishes as soon as we get to the hospital. We get out of the car, Shawn helping get out so I put my arm around his neck and him around my waist and we start walking towards the door.
-
"Looks like she has a broken ankle" the doctor said as my mom looked at Shawn with killer eyes and Shawn looked down with tears coming out of his eyes "she will have to be in crutches for the next 6 weeks, I'm so sorry" the doctor says

I go up to Shawn lifting his chin up, "Shawn it's okay, I'm okay..see?" I make him look at me so when he does he cries even more so I give him a hug." I'm so so so incredibly sorry Jaiden I wasn't  looking and it was all my fault" he said to me crying

"Shawn I need you to listen to me, I'm fine I'm okay nothing bad happened to me, it's just a broken ankle that will heel in 6 weeks, which  they'll go by fast okay , but stop apologizing, I need you to stop apologizing, will you do that for me? Please? " I pull back of the hug and he is now looking straight into my eyes  "please?"

"Okay" he replies to me with a sad smile on his face "okay" I say back smiling