Chapter 4 : Night Out

“What?” I managed to say, while thinking of a way to deal with this.

“Don’t try denying it, you can’t do anything to hide it.” Nolan says with a smirk plastered on his face. “Emily senses something in you, and asks me to find out. So I ran a background check on you, but all of the things are just usual stuff, even your birth record shows that your father and mother are Dennis Day Campbell and Sharon Maria Campbell. After searching all day and not finding anything suspicious, I was about to give up. But Emily hardly ever gets wrong on this kind of thing, so I decided to follow you since yesterday night, and now... Here you are, proving that Ems is right, there definitely is something about you, you’re David’s daughter, Emily’s sister."

“I Am their daughter, I’m Dennis and Sharon’s daughter.” I say trying to be as convincing as I could, I mean I am their daughter, just not by blood.

“Oh yeah? Then what are you doing here visiting David’s grave.”

“I was a-“

“And you call him ‘dad’.”He says again, smirking, knowing that that word close this argument. He had been hearing all things that I said since I started talking to my father...

“Who’s your mother?” He asks.

He wait for a few moments but I didn’t answer, “Okay, but I’m gonna tell Ems.” He says, turning and walking off.

“Nolan wait!” I shout, stopping him.

“So you know my name.” He says turning back to face me.

“Please don’t tell Emily...”

“Tell me, why should I listen to you?”

“Because you care about Emily as much as I do.”

“Yeah, and that’s why I’m going to tell her.”

“No, that’s why you’re not going to tell her. I’m not here for Revenge, I’m here to make sure she’s save.”

“She is save.”

“No she’s not, and you know it. I know that what you really want is for her to just drop this Revenge thing, because you know that this thing is dangerous. So let me help you keep her save. Please... I can’t lose her, so I’m begging you... Please don’t tell her...”

“Okay... I’ll keep it a secret.”

“I also need your help with telling me what her plan is.”

“Okay, I can’t do that, you can find out about that yourself right, I’m sure you already know lots of stuff that happened here...”

“I just don’t want to sneak around anymore, it was one thing when I didn’t live here, but now that I live here I can’t do that anymore...”

“Wait, so you’re telling me that you’ve been sneaking around and watching us all this time? So you know all about her previous plans?”

“Yeah pretty much.”

“Since when exactly?” He ask, curiosity filling his voice.

“Since I know about who Emily really is.”

“And before that?”

“I hack into the juvie data base, and all that stuff.”

“So how can you not know who Emily really is? Don’t you see the picture when you hack into the juvie?”

“No not really, there’s no pict of her, just all the data and how long she’s going to stay in the juvie. And after that I just kinda follow her life trough articles and stuff.”